Go Daddy Commercial Contest Entries

Started by Ravi, April 23, 2010, 01:18:13 AM

Ravi

Agora Entertainment, the studio I work at, produced 3 commercials for a Go Daddy commercial contest.  We shot on Sunday and spent Tuesday through Thursday editing, mixing sound, doing ADR, and color grading these.

I edited the first, third, and fourth videos, and I was the 1st assistant camera on the first three.  I did the color grading on all four.

Stefen

xixax mainstays doing big things.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Ravi, I thought the first one was the best, second one was great too. Third was dumb and the fourth was too much, but still good.

Hey, are you friendly with the Jewish girl in the second one?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Quote from: Stefen on April 23, 2010, 01:24:21 AM
Ravi, I thought the first one was the best, second one was great too. Third was dumb and the fourth was too much, but still good.

I decided to do the third one because we had so much dancing footage and it was so much fun to watch.  He's been in a lot of local commercials, and he was in our two movies.

QuoteHey, are you friendly with the Jewish girl in the second one?

I guess she's a friend, if that's what you mean.

RegularKarate

Good job, Ravi.
The first one feels like a real commercial.  It could win. 
The second one could win too, I just like the first one the most.

I think the 4th was a little too "edgy" to work as a straight commercial and too commercially to work as an "edgy" commercial.  If that makes any sense.

The 3rd one feels like you know that guy so it's just funny to you guys.  The dancing mostly just works in the context of the second commercial.

I also just realized you didn't ask for criticism so I'll clam it.

Great job!

Ravi

Criticism is always welcome.  My favorite is the first one too, followed by the Viking one.