2012 Xixax Awards: NOMINATE!

Started by MacGuffin, February 06, 2012, 07:43:42 AM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: modage on February 09, 2012, 07:15:30 AM
It won't win. Bye, squints.

No... don't drive him away!

Quote from: squints on February 09, 2012, 09:42:06 AM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 09, 2012, 12:16:21 AM
Drive is great, but I can name 3 that were better.

And those are?

Melancholia, The Skin I Live In, Tree of Life. I'm not going to claim that's anything more than my opinion, though.

Robyn

Quote from: squints on February 08, 2012, 11:16:17 PM
if drive doesn't win best pic this year. I quit xixax.

tell me another movie that's better.

Drive was good and all, but far away from best pic of the year. I guess I just don't get it.

Melancholia, We Need To Talk About Kevin, Midnight in Paris. And I havn't seen that much.

BB

Quote from: picolas on February 06, 2012, 11:01:44 PM
3. only list the movie in each category, not the person who would win (unless it's an acting category)

thank you.

Alright, alright. But then shouldn't it be "Best Direction"?

modage

We list them once the nominations are in, it's just easier to count this way.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Holy crap, Kill List and Tyrannosaur.  HOLY CRAP.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

ive read great things about kill list, but who has seen that here? you and modage? did it ever get a wide release?

for tv show

breaking bad, duh

also, game of thrones, that show is truly amazing.

Sleepless

I'm joining the campaigning.

EDIT: Also, don't forget about Jane Eyre.

SECOND EDIT: And what are the thoughts on where Andy Serkis should be nominated for Apes? I say lead.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

I put him down for best supporting, but it just doesn't seem right. No way dumb James Franco carries that whole movie...

polkablues

We typically hold a stronger distinction between Lead and Supporting than the Academy does.  Caesar is pretty clearly a co-lead in the film, and should be nominated as such.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Have You Sent In Your Ballot Yet?

Then what are you waiting for?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
COREY STOLL - MIDNIGHT IN PARIS

Sleepless

^ YES!!!!

Also Janet McTeer in Albert Nobbs.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.