72teeth

i think i fill a trend coming on...

Psycho: A Love Story
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

matt35mm

You know, just the fact that it's called Psycho means the person should've known it wasn't a good choice.  No matter what you do, you can't make that title fit.  And yeah, it was crappy regardless.

It goes to show what makes "Shining" so great.

socketlevel

the only thing to do next is to re-cut the entire film so that it's a happy movie...  the bar has been set.  fuck, if someone made the phantom edit, they can do this.  that i'd really like to see.

i'm not playing it down, it was great!

i don't know if i mentioned this at all, but has anyone seen the trailer for "the minus man"?  if you have, tell me your thoughts; if not, go check it out.  it's not like this... it's real...  but it's a great trailer for a film.  and a film i really liked and thought was underated

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Pubrick

Quote from: socketlevelthe only thing to do next is to re-cut the entire film so that it's a happy movie...  the bar has been set.  fuck, if someone made the phantom edit, they can do this.  that i'd really like to see.
that would kill the joke.
under the paving stones.

72teeth

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: socketlevelthe only thing to do next is to re-cut the entire film so that it's a happy movie...  the bar has been set.  fuck, if someone made the phantom edit, they can do this.  that i'd really like to see.
that would kill the joke.

it worked for Brazil...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

A feel-good slice of the 'Shining' ax

It's a heartwarming comedy about an eccentric writer and a precocious boy who cross paths and share … a nightmarish descent into madness and murder?

One of the most popular pass-it-on Internet gags of the moment is a movie trailer that re-imagines the 1980 Stanley Kubrick film "The Shining" as a dramedy in the mold of, say, "About a Boy." Only original footage and dialogue from the film is used, but with soaring music and deft editing, it makes the movie seem more lump-in-your-throat than ax-in-your-head.

The faux trailer has created a stir for its creator, Robert Ryang, an editing assistant in Manhattan who works on television commercials. He crafted the trailer for a contest by the Assn. of Independent Creative Editors, but a few weeks ago it went pinging across the Internet.

His inspiration? "These really formulaic movies where you have someone — a wacky girlfriend or a neighbor or, like, a dog or something — come into the damaged life of someone and everything miraculously gets better."

Ryang's been flooded with fan e-mails in recent days. But Sandy Bresler, an agent for "Shining" star Jack Nicholson, warned that Warner Home Video might not find the spoof amusing. "They are using original footage without permission," he said. Warner executives were not available for comment. Ryang himself has one defense: "We're not making any money."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

mogwai

Quote from: GamblourJesus, fucking Warner.
yeah, stop fucking harass people.

Fernando

Tictacbk

These fake trailers got really old fast...but i'd say this is a fresh spin on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qihwMN0JM&search=toy%20story

Pubrick

Quote from: Tictacbk on March 02, 2006, 04:33:32 PM
These fake trailers got really old fast...but i'd say this is a fresh spin on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qihwMN0JM&search=toy%20story
that was perfection at a new level. deserving of its own thread? we'll wait and see.. definitely as good as the shining trailer. not sure about the song choice at the end but at that point it's already proven its genius.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

:shock:

Unbelievable.  This video is the reason the internet was invented.
My house, my rules, my coffee