Winona Ryder

Started by A Matter Of Chance, February 19, 2004, 07:54:44 PM

A Matter Of Chance

Anyone else here like some of her work? I like Heathers, The Age Of Innocence, and Girl, Interrupted wasn't bad either.

Begin the shoplifting jokes...

modage

i cant begin to describe the depths of my obsession with winona when i was younger.  well, let me just say if you take how chest feels about scarlett and how ebeaman feels about zooey and multiply it by 10, you're way more obsessed than i was.  but you get the idea.  i liked Reality Bites, Edward Scissorhands, Mermaids, Heathers, Dracula, Girl: Interuppted.  i tried to see all her movies at the time including several painful chick flicks, and her recent work.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02i cant begin to describe the depths of my obsession with winona when i was younger.  well, let me just say if you take how chest feels about scarlett and how ebeaman feels about zooey and multiply it by 10, you're way more obsessed than i was.  but you get the idea.  i liked Reality Bites, Edward Scissorhands, Mermaids, Heathers, Dracula, Girl: Interuppted.  i tried to see all her movies at the time including several painful chick flicks, and her recent work.

I really hope Scarlett doesn't delve into lame pictures as much as Wynona has done.

modage

Quote from: Chest RockwellI really hope Scarlett doesn't delve into lame pictures as much as Wynona has done.

TOO LATE!

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

A Matter Of Chance

Scarlett should have stayed away...

But I hope there's hope for a Winona come back.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Chest RockwellI really hope Scarlett doesn't delve into lame pictures as much as Wynona has done.

TOO LATE!

Anything before Perfect Score doesn't count because she was only 16 or whatever.

modage

chest, i think you're just too young to understand winona.  you came of age too late to appreciate her growing up because you came up when she had already hit the skids.  oh, i cant believe i forgot Lucas, take that My Brother the Pig!

SoNowThen

Winona is a BABE!!!

She rocks in Celebrity and Age Of Innocence.

EDIT - almost forgot Beetlejuice!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Finn

I thought she was great in Girl, Interrupted but I'd lock my trailer if she was on my set.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: QuoyleI thought she was great in Girl, Interrupted but I'd lock my trailer if she was on my set.

Yeah, I can't say I wouldn't be worried...

Henry Hill

Quote from: themodernage02oh, i cant believe i forgot Lucas

Lucas was near the top in terms of my favorite movies growing up. I dare anyone to watch it and not get choked up. I can't do it. Lucas is a classic in my eyes.

Lucas: You can't ever make me quit, EVER!

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: filmboy70
Quote from: themodernage02oh, i cant believe i forgot Lucas

Lucas was near the top in terms of my favorite movies growing up. I dare anyone to watch it and not get choked up. I can't do it. Lucas is a classic in my eyes.

Lucas: You can't ever make me quit, EVER!

I get so sad whenever I watch it. Poor Corey Haim...

MacGuffin

Ryder Evolves for DARWIN
Recovering from her shoplifting scandal, Winona Ryder signs on to take part in The Darwin Awards.

Winona Ryder, who's been more known for her shopping ventures rather than her acting ventures lately, will star with Joseph Fiennes in the romantic comedy The Darwin Awards for helmer Finn Taylor. The project, which will feature David Arquette, Jeffrey Tambor and Tim Blake Nelson in supporting roles and Alessandro Nivola and Emily Mortimer in cameo roles, will begin production on November 29.

The title refers to a series of off-the-cuff Internet awards given to people who maim or kill themselves in accidents or catastrophes involving overwhelming stupidity. The theory would be that being awarded the honor, usually posthumously, improves the gene pool for future generations. In the film, Ryder will play an insurance claims agent who teams with a forensic detective (Fiennes) on a cross-country trip to create the profile of a potential Darwin winner.

Jane Sindell will produce the film with Johnny Wow and Jason Blum. Laurie Miller and Debbie Brubaker will take on co-producing duties with Steven Siebert receiving executive producing credit.

Two-time Oscar nominee Ryder recently completed filming Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly, starring Keanu Reeves, while Fiennes recently completed John Dahl's World War II drama The Great Raid
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks