had the freakiest thought... anybody out there a ben folds..

Started by jersey_represent, November 07, 2003, 07:01:09 AM

jersey_represent

anyone out there a ben folds fan? i reckon hed be fabulous in a film, kinda like, well, im thinking a musical romantic comedy with him and juliette binnoche with a kind of fantasy vibe. what do u people think? or wat musician would you like to see pursue some acting (as much against the idea of musos as "actors" as i am) ??

coffeebeetle

Fiona Apple (maybe)
Marilyn Manson (in a bigger role than in Lynch's film)
Robert Plant
...there are a couple more.  I'll think of them later.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

modage

Quote from: coffeebeetleMarilyn Manson (in a bigger role than in Lynch's film)

like in Jawbreaker?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Raikus

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: coffeebeetleMarilyn Manson (in a bigger role than in Lynch's film)

like in Jawbreaker?
But that was considered a cameo at best.

I could see someone like Ben Folds being the perfect quirky, best friend character.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: coffeebeetle
Marilyn Manson (in a bigger role than in Lynch's film)

..Please don't say that....Putting manson in a film is like Having ..a cameo w/ vanilla ice(as soon as he's onscreen its kistch and a cheap ploy).....
that was the only bad thing in/about  Lost Highway..was when Lynch(WHy?)  had manson ..and..... :roll: Twiggy ..in his film....that was phucking lame....(this iscoming from a huge lynch fan also.).....

oh well........  .. .no ones perfect.......

jersey_represent

yeh he would be good as a quirky best friend... what about a quirky best friend (or older brother) to jason lee's leading man... not enough nice things are said about lee, he is well overdue for a romantic lead...

Newtron

freakerdude

Ben Folds, Coldplay, Default, Bare Naked Ladies, DMB.....too bland and generic for me. Does anyone else realize that Dave Mathews is one of the worst all time singers? Gawd, his whining voice makes the dogs and cats cry. Ben Folds had a really bad performance on SNL....the dude couldn't bring it live, vocally. I felt embarrassed for him.
MC Pee Pants

coffeebeetle

Uh, Coldplay puts on a hella good show.  Didn't see Ben Folds live, but totally agree with you on DMB.  Talented musicians, just too bad their lead sucks ASS.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)