There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

modage

i'm just thankful i keep getting to this thread after everyone else so i have remained entirely unspoiled, (even on the video q&a)!  thanks fellow admins.   :bravo:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

B.C. Long

I never realized how eccentric Paul was. It's almost hard to believe he's a director when you watch him try to answer interview questions. It's like he's so bashful when put on the spot. Which is interesting because that obviously doesn't carry-over to when he's on set. I can totally relate, so it's actually inspirational that you can have those personality traits and still be a talented director.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alexandro

everyone has said the same but man, im trully creaming my pants over this fucking movie. and pretty much everyone i ask agrees. this looks like a masterpiece.

The Sheriff

Quote from: B.C. Long on October 12, 2007, 11:03:39 PM
It's like he's so bashful when put on the spot. Which is interesting because that obviously doesn't carry-over to when he's on set. I can totally relate, so it's actually inspirational that you can have those personality traits and still be a talented director.

i hate to burst your bubble, but that guy is not bashful. why would he say something like "i wouldnt want to take up too much of your time after 2 1/2 hours, that would be horrible?" what, he doesnt believe in his own movie? what, he doesnt think this audience that came to an advanced screening with q&a are interested in hearing him talk on and on?

kinda like when i said "i hate to burst your bubble but..." its bullshit people say to other people to make them believe their intentions are noble.
id fuck ayn rand

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

has anyone checked out this site?  who wants to call the rsvp number(s) under the "screenings" section and see what they're all about? 

EDIT:  i called.  you have to be a guild member to rsvp for a twbb screening. 

HOW DO I BECOME A GUILD MEMBER?

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

:multi: this is the one ive been waiting for.  i recall it was described as featuring the upper portion of DDL looking mean and covered in oil or something...

from ci&re:

Monday, October 15th.
new poster
As we had tipped off to us ages ago (i'd find it but this is my first attempt to post to the site from my crackberry like a real pretentious asshole - both of our laptops are at the doctors)– there is a poster that has been shipped to all theatres featuring daniel day lewis's head. We don't have a photo yet but the description of it is in a previous post someplace (as mentioned above) sent to us from a whispery paramount-er. Thanks to our projectionist pal for tipping us off and thanks to jeff for doing wonderful posts during my bend trip. And thanks to all the Bend people for a lovely event. (Especially the fellow who asked me why we hadn't posted that wes and pt co-wrote bottle rocket and were brothers in real life)

Stefen

lol@Wes and PTA being brothers in real life. If that happened, all the talent would have gone to PTA and Wes would have been stuck being a tutor to foreign exchange students who are trying to learn english and American customs. He'd be living in a crappy apartment, eating TV dinners and writing reviews on xixax on shitty weekday CBS sitcoms.

MacGuffin

Quote from: pozer on October 16, 2007, 01:38:56 PM
:multi: this is the one ive been waiting for.  i recall it was described as featuring the upper portion of DDL looking mean and covered in oil or something...

Quote from: modage on April 14, 2007, 12:29:07 PM
Quote from: cigs and red vines
from ("please keep my name anonymous so i don't lose my job") "i was delivering an envelope to an office on a studio lot in LA. on my way out my eye caught a black & white poster sized image of Daniel Day Lewis's face and shoulders, covered with oil and looking scarier than scary. In big black font the poster read "There Will Be Blood". Like i mentioned, quasi news. i've been kind of geeking out since i saw it and wanted to share with people who were down."
holy fuck.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

hedwig

Stefen