grimes <3

Started by Robyn, November 27, 2018, 07:11:24 AM

Robyn

is there anyone else here who is pumped for this new grimes era? art angels has become one of my favorite albums ever, and having new grimes just around the corner is an amazing feeling

Robyn

oh, I had forgotten about my grimes avatar.. now I seem obsessive lol

polkablues

I realize this is probably entirely irrelevant to the music itself, but the whole Elon Musk thing has fully severed my already tenuous ability to take Grimes seriously as a person.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

^nothing to do there but eye roll

looking forward to her new music like a healthy person

WorldForgot

She has inspired me so Much. A DIY warrior, and unashamed of herself.

The title of her new single is clearly a response to people who are focused on her met gala date. As well as a feminist howl.

WE APPRECIATE POWER
AND WE WELCOME OUR ROBOT OVERLORDZ 
:twisted: :twisted:

REALiTi is a perfect song. Her videoz are brill, her drawingz, too, and she deserves to cameo in Dune.

Robyn

Quote from: polkablues on November 27, 2018, 01:55:19 PM
I realize this is probably entirely irrelevant to the music itself, but the whole Elon Musk thing has fully severed my already tenuous ability to take Grimes seriously as a person.

how are you able to take anyone seriously if you think like that?

I am tired of people who acts like she is a horrible person just because she is dating an asshole (in their opinion)

Quote from: WorldForgot on November 27, 2018, 09:26:35 PM
REALiTi is a perfect song. Her videoz are brill, her drawingz, too, and she deserves to cameo in Dune.

+1 on all of this

Drenk

Come on. That (in their opinion) is pure denial. Her boyfriend is awful. I don't like her music and I don't think taste in relationship means much about the person—how many intelligent friends of mine spent years with morons...?—but that fact is kind of rock solid.
Ascension.

jenkins

nothing will come of this debate

Robyn

Robyn

her ICloud was hacked apparently??

WorldForgot

directed by grimes and mac boucher (her brother who did AC!D reign chronicles)

Robyn

grimes lyric videos are better than most regular music videos. love the song too, and the one demo I heard sounded even more promising.

Robyn

listened to this twice before realizing it was actually grimes who uploaded it

WorldForgot

Can confirm it iz very good for overwatch matches.