björk

Started by mogwai, March 03, 2007, 03:58:16 PM

mogwai

Bjork reveals new album details

'Volta' due out in May

Bjork has released details of her forthcoming album.

The Icelandic chanteuse's sixth studio album is entitled 'Volta' and is due out May 7. It will feature 10 tracks, written and produced by Bjork.

Bjork recruited several notable collaborators to work on the album, including super-producer Timbaland and Antony Hegarty of Antony & the Johnsons.

She also brought in acclaimed African artists Toumani Diabate and Konono No 1 (who won BBC's World Music Award last year), as well as a 10-piece brass section composed of female Icelandic musicians, and Min Xiao-Fen to play the pipa (a Chinese stringed instrument).

As previously announced, Bjork will headline several festivals later this year, including California's Coachella Festival on April 27, and the Glastonbury Festival on June 7.

hedwig

timbaland is going to produce everything released in the next five hundred years.

10-piece brass section?? goddamn. most anticipated album of the year. god bless björk.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

There wasn't another Bjork thread?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

Bjork has announced a world tour, including many festival dates across the globe.

The singer will headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury on June 22, on of two UK dates on the tour, the other being the Connect festival in Scotland on September .

The star is set to release her new album 'Volta' on May 7, which features collaborations with Antony Hegarty from Antony & the Johnsons and Timbaland.

She will play:

Reykjavik Iceland Nasa (April 1)
California Coachella Empire Polo Field (27)
New York Radio City Music Hall (May 2)
New York United Palace Theater (5)
New York Apollo Theater (8
Chicago Auditorium Theatre (12)
Denver Red Rocks Amphitheatre (15)
San Francisco Shoreline Amphitheatre (19)
Vancouver Deer Lake Park (23)
Washington Sasquatch! Gorge Amphitheatre (26)
Glastonbury Festival (June 22)
Belgium Rock Werchter (28)
Poland Open' er Festival (July 1)
Denmark Roskilde Festival (5)
Switzerland Paleo Festival (25)
Inverary Connect Festival (September 2)
Virgin Festival Toronto (8

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I was excited to finally see her live, but now I see it would cost me upwards of $140 (plus the travel to and from New York or Chicago).

This is very upsetting.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

FUCKING SHIT GODDAMN IT DAMN DAMN DAMN! presale tix sold out faster than i could get to them b/c stupid bjork didn't create a link to the ticket page when she said she would! fuckin' whore!

oh, god, i'm so sorry, bjork, you know i don't mean it, i love you.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Volta tracklist:

01 Earth Intruders
02 Wanderlust
03 Dull Flame of Desire
04 Innocence
05 I See Who You Are
06 Vertebrae by Vertebrae
07 Pneumonia
08 Hope
09 Declare Independence
10 My Juvenile
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

she lost me with the last couple of cocktail words spoken m'boy, but i love the colours.

EDIT: hey, so when can i steal this?
under the paving stones.

modage

new single:

or if that disappears:

Beat by Timbaland, bonus percussion from Konono N°1.

mogwai

first initial reaction is that the knife is going to sue somebody.

second is that the timbaland produced song is hardly going to revive her career like it did for nelly furtado's.

other than that, a mother fucking brilliant song. the video is probably going to future a lot of scenes with björk stumbling through woods and shit.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I am definitely enjoying this.  I didn't really know what direction Bjork was going to take after her recent releases, but this is a pretty welcome approach.  I really like that it isn't an overly Timabaland song, which usually happens when he produces something.  I attribute that to the other artist just forfeiting the table to him.

modage

apparently timbaland didn't produce this (or any other songs on the record).  he worked with her and came up with some beats that she proceeded to bjork with them for over a year.  there was an interview at pitchfork, but i can't seem to find it now.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on April 08, 2007, 01:20:45 PMthere was an interview at pitchfork, but i can't seem to find it now.

All it took was typing in 'Bjork' at the pitchforkmedia site:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/41776-bjork-announces-tour-dates-talks-timbaland-collab
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

got my ticket suckas