Brett Ratner's PTA syndrome.

Started by Jon, April 02, 2003, 08:54:55 AM

MacGuffin

Robert Rodriguez included his "Bedhead" short on the "El Mariachi" DVD, and there is Andrei Tarkosky's student film version of "The Killers" on that Criterion release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jon

Quote from: MacGuffinRobert Rodriguez included his "Bedhead" short on the "El Mariachi" DVD, and there is Andrei Tarkosky's student film version of "The Killers" on that Criterion release.

Bedhead is good though!

EL__SCORCHO

I was thinking some more about Ratner's PTA syndrome and I remembered that when 'Punch-Drunk' was screened at nyu with Paul's Q&A, "Red Dragon" was screened right after that with a Ratner Q&A.

I hope Ratner didnt think Paul was his warm up act because Anderson had a packed house, Ratner had a half-full house.

Ravi

Guys, guys, as un-brilliant as Ratner is, other directors are far more deserving of your wrath, such as Michael Bay and his producer Jerry Bruckheimer.

Ernie

Quote from: RaviGuys, guys, as un-brilliant as Ratner is, other directors are far more deserving of your wrath, such as Michael Bay and his producer Jerry Bruckheimer.

Yeah, I have to agree there. Michael Bay is the worst filmmaker in the world. He doesn't even deserve to be referred to in the same profession as PTA and Scorsese and all the other greats.

I'd take a Ratner film over a Bay film anyday.

cine

Oh good lord I'm glad somebody said it. Nothing good has come out of the Bay/Bruckheimer bunch, except I think "The Rock" is debatable.. Other than that.. if one of their movies EVER won a major Oscar (which, based on their track record, is impossible).. I would probably boycott the the show from that point on.
The only awards they'll ever receive are Razzies.

Ghostboy

Based solely on my appreciation for The Rock, I'll stand by my belief that Michael Bay could make a better Superman movie than Brett Ratner.

But I hear Dominic Sena is in the running now. Gone In Sixty Seconds is worse than any Michael Bay movie.

cine

That's quite arguable since Bay made "Armageddon"..
but Sena also made "Kalifornia"..

BackUpOffMeFoo

Just re-readin my own shit

Got game like Wendover
Vegas would bend me over
Take my short stack
Spew on my back
Then call me a hack
Cept one

Much
Respect
Always
No
Matter
What

Going back to school
More time on my game
Less on this Ratler blame
Beat the horse with force?
With no remorse of course
This shit's fuckin lame
I say one and the same
As re-runs of Fame

Yet potential is endless
I see why you defend this
People open your eyes
Raise this roof to the skies
How?
Listen
Should use your noodle
That is no lyrical doodle

I'll be around from rhyme to rhyme
throw a good one from time to time
Quality not quantity
Irony of placing that at the end of a long weak e-mail
Quality

Coming soon to a face near you

D
Serious?

Victor

Quote from: miss joneshaving talent has as much to do with "making it" as having a cock has to do with getting laid...

i heard a story that bratner had bad grades in high school, but got into NYU cause he kept begging and annoying the folks in charge.

like the man said: persistance matters more than talent.

my ears iz whyd oh pen.
are you gonna eat with us too?

thedog

I don't want to spark up the conversation again but I have one more thing to add to the "Brett Ratner Files."

During the credits for Ratner's (bad) movie Family Man, as Robert Downey Sr.'s name scrolls up the screen during the credits, the words "(a prince)" appear next to it. As most of you may or may not know, this happens in the credits for Putney Swope as well as Boogie Nights.

sorry if this has already been mentioned.

MrBurgerKing

Brett Ratner makes me sick to my stomach. I don't particularly hate any of his films, but he comes off as one annoying kid. He's like the baby crying at burger king for no particular reason (perhaps his parents beat on him, or he's upset about getting 1000 calories going through his system).

bonanzataz

Quote from: thedogI don't want to spark up the conversation again but I have one more thing to add to the "Brett Ratner Files."

During the credits for Ratner's (bad) movie Family Man, as Robert Downey Sr.'s name scrolls up the screen during the credits, the words "(a prince)" appear next to it. As most of you may or may not know, this happens in the credits for Putney Swope as well as Boogie Nights.

i didn't get it when Paul did it, i certainly don't get it when Bratt Ratner did it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: thedogI don't want to spark up the conversation again but I have one more thing to add to the "Brett Ratner Files."

i didn't get it when Paul did it, i certainly don't get it when Bratt Ratner did it.

Because he wants to be PTA.  Come on, it's the whole point of this thread
I like to hug dogs

modage

ARMAGEDDON?

Chris Tucker signed on for the next installment of "Rush Hour" according to Eurweb.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.