Favorite Music Videos

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:13:32 PM

i dont know how many of you have seen this, apologize if this has been already posted, which wouldnt surprise me.
but this is crazy awesome. alt-j - breezeblocks.

wilder

Nothing new, but these are two of my favorites:

mogwai

I also like the Massive Attack one but one thing is not clear with me. Is that vodka or wine she's drinking? If it's vodka then it'd be a very short video.

wilder

Vodka. She's really drinking for part of it.

Actress Kirsty Shepheard on what it was like to film the video for Live With Me – "It's about a woman who attempts to drink herself to death as she is desperately unhappy after breaking up with someone. It's not like a pop video – it's like a tragic short film. We filmed the first part in the off-licence when the woman I play picks up her booze after work. Over the weekend, she locks herself away in her own flat. We mixed up the shoots, so there are some parts shot on the street where I have to act drunk because they didn't want me to be under the influence in public. They wanted me to drink to see the changes that actually happen. You can act drunk but it's not as convincing. I had a hangover – because I mixed my drinks. But it was a controlled situation and I made my own choices as to how much I drank and at what pace" [Daily Record Newspaper - March 2006]

classical gas

Pubrick

that was great.

henry kissinger, man he's up for anything!
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

Travis - Another Guy

Shot on VHS with some green screen. The director is the "(an)other guy."
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

jenkins

sharing secrets. music video, same art director as short term 12

with a baby and a puppy
on a couch with three women and i wonder where that painting came from i'm cracking up

Frederico Fellini

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Reel

Looks like this thread's lacking a music video, here's his best one:

jenkins

Quote from: Freddie on September 11, 2013, 01:49:55 PM
Dude, what the fuck?
right? i think that's his image. same art director i use, to mention

Reel

Quote from: trashculturemutantjunkie on September 11, 2013, 02:06:11 PMsame art director i use, to mention

Well, you could've said that BEFORE!!!!!

I think it's about time you make a thread for your short already, just give us a taste.

Frederico Fellini

Trashy has a short?  What is it about? Indecipherable posts?

jenkins

:) for us it's a pleasure that nobudge wants to show the short. kentucker is expanding the movie community, and it's a treasure to be an installment in that process. i chose december for nobudge because october is so halloween, and the mood and emotions of the short are better for a different holiday

i worry that at xixax only doom and gloom await me. i mean if the short is talked about like i'm talked about, i'm fucked. one person here has seen it because the person emailed me when i felt downtrodden and alltheway bounced from here (for like a month). i'll share that person's response and ask the person not to share anything else

QuoteI really enjoyed your film.  It has a great pace to it and some fresh editing. As a student of film, I'd like to say it seems modern, but I do not intend this to be a back handed compliment.  I just mean it has this new quality to it, while still maintaining some classical elements.

There's just something there. There's something to it. it works. It's inspiring it really is to see something simple yet complex I don't know that sounds so pretentious but damn it man you've done something

out of place because this isn't the thread! for the thread, back to

edit after new post -- yeah, doom and gloom

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: trashculturemutantjunkie on September 11, 2013, 02:46:56 PM

i worry that at xixax only doom and gloom await me. i mean if the short is talked about like i'm talked about, i'm fucked.

Don't be a pussy, show it to us! We may talk shit but that's just the envy verbalizing itself. You know we'll be brutally honest, but that's a good thing. We'll support you buddy. 

My only goal for 2014 is to shoot my short. When I get my shit together and finally do it, I'll upload it here first just to let all the hate (masquerading as constructive criticism) and the brutal honesty roll out. After that shitstorm, I will be able to take any criticism effortlessly.  So yeah, don't be scared, let us watch it.

Now resume thread about music videos no one gives two shits about.