Some art..

Started by JG, August 16, 2005, 09:11:28 PM

JG

go here to check out acoustic clips of two songs i'm working on and tell me what you think.

EDIT:  songs taken down. 

the first clip is the bridge and a little bit of the refrain (the la la la part)

the second clip is about the first 30 seconds of the song.

discuss.

polkablues

Nice! I like it; you've got a bit of an Adam Green/June Panic/Ben Lee vibe. Your voice actually works really well for the type of music that you write. I'd like to hear a whole song.

If I can figure out how to make Myspace work, I'll try and get a couple of my band's songs up for people to check out.
My house, my rules, my coffee

JG

its funny, i don't listen to any of them.

i'll be recording these songs with my band, but i don't sing in my band.

polkablues

Quote from: JimmyGatorits funny, i don't listen to any of them.

Sadly, few do.

72teeth

:bravo: Not to shaby...not to shaby at all.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

My Bloody Valentine?  :yabbse-undecided:

Anyway, I like your voice.

polkablues

I was about to say Belle and Sebastian, and then I saw that it was listed on your influences, so that explains that.   :yabbse-wink:

JG

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanMy Bloody Valentine?  :yabbse-undecided:

Anyway, I like your voice.

What does My Bloody Valentine mean?  Is that a group?

EDIT:  I just checked them out for the first time and they dont seem to bad, so I guess its kinda a complement.  Do you think it sounds too much like them?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: JimmyGatorDo you think it sounds too much like them?
No, not at all. And it is a compliment. Your voice sounds similar.

meatwad

Quote from: polkabluesyou've got a bit of an Adam Green/June Panic/Ben Lee vibe

polkablues

Quote from: meatwad
Quote from: polkabluesyou've got a bit of an Adam Green/June Panic/Ben Lee vibe

I hear it.  More in the music itself than the vocals.

JG

what type of music does he play?

polkablues

Adam Green plays really offbeat (really offbeat), melodic acoustic music.  He's somewhere between the Beatles and Ween.  He uses a lot of sevenths and ninths in his chord progressions and sort of builds the melody through the guitar part a lot like you do in the two bits I've heard.  Vocally and lyrically I wouldn't compare you with him at all (like I say, he's very offbeat), but in terms of the music I hear some similarities.

JG

i'll have to check him out.  

in the meanwhile, i intend of having full versions of these songs up by monday...but the real singer of my group may be singing.

thanks for listening though guys.

JG

okay so this is the last "clip" i'll post.  it's christmas time so we've got enough good equipment to record our songs full.  i use to only record bridges and clips of songs without drums and send them to my friend to show him how i think a certain part should go.   this is one of those.  next time you hear this song, it will have bass, drums, everything.   

i don't know why i am choosing to post this, maybe it's cause i did it using my new microphone.  but even from this small clip, i think it shows  i'm getting better at harmonies, singing, instrumentation etc. 

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=39XQOUGB5TEXE3GYTW5K8RDL28

within the month i should have a couple full songs up.