Straw Dogs (remake)

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 09, 2003, 10:36:05 PM

Gold Trumpet

Seems like it may happen, with IMDb having this: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0331488
Notice the name of the character Norton plays matches that of the character in the movie and speculation says this will be like Solaris in ways, where it may be a closer adaptation of the original book and take elements or a feeling from the movie.

~rougerum

cowboykurtis

thats fucking crazy. if the original straw dogs was released today, i think it would get a NC-17 rating because of the rape scene.  was it originally released with a R rating?  but why the fuck would anyone want to remake that film. thats like the speculation that wizard of oz might be remade with drew barrymore as dorothy. what a bunch of garbage. certain film are sacred -- do not touch them, please.
...your excuses are your own...

Ghostboy

But how could it be bad with the director of Swimfan attached?

Gold Trumpet

shit, i remember this being discussed here before. I expect redirection anytime now.

~rougerum

The Silver Bullet

Poor John Polson. He is getting raped by the system. The man made some awesome shorts here in Australia, started the best short film festival in the world, and then Hollywood put him behind one of their production line movies, and now he is already doing remakes. Such a waste of talent, and I mean that.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pubrick

Quote from: The Silver BulletPoor John Polson. He is getting raped by the system. The man made some awesome shorts here in Australia, started the best short film festival in the world, and then Hollywood put him behind one of their production line movies, and now he is already doing remakes. Such a waste of talent, and I mean that.
sumtimes it seems Alex Proyas is the only one representin.

Bruce Beresford had a good run, shit he even made several oscar winners, and then he fell off.. Rolf De Heer coulda done it if he tried, but he's cool tho, unless he's really an asshole i'd say i wanna be like 'im, interestin shit.
under the paving stones.

budgie

I don't care, so long as they change that title.

Could be another bad choice for Ed, though.  :(

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgieI don't care, so long as they change that title.

The title of the book it's based on is "The Siege of Trencher's Farm".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: budgieI don't care, so long as they change that title.

The title of the book it's based on is "The Siege of Trencher's Farm".

:yabbse-undecided:

I like 'Trencher's' but you couldn't have 'farm' or 'seige'.

The Silver Bullet

Quotesumtimes it seems Alex Proyas is the only one representin.

Bruce Beresford had a good run, shit he even made several oscar winners, and then he fell off.. Rolf De Heer coulda done it if he tried, but he's cool tho, unless he's really an asshole i'd say i wanna be like 'im, interestin shit.

Representing Australia? I'd say Baz Luhrmann is our big hitter right now.
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.

RegularKarate

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
Quotesumtimes it seems Alex Proyas is the only one representin.

Representing Australia? I'd say Baz Luhrmann is our big hitter right now.

But Proyas is a far better director and more long lasting.

The Silver Bullet

It depends. I prefer Luhrmann. And even then, that said, I think the best Australian director is Peter Weir. By far.
  • A hare.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Silver BulletIt depends. I prefer Luhrmann. And even then, that said, I think the best Australian director is Peter Weir. By far.
damn i totally forgot those. i think i was talkin about new ones that havn't made it yet and still can.
under the paving stones.

The Silver Bullet

I think Polson can still make it, but he's going to have to act quick and do something daring, before they, you know, eat him alive.
  • A hare.

Duck Sauce

Is this another contract forcing him to do a movie thing? Enough with the fucking remakes, it seems like more than half of the movies coming out are remakes of something. I liked the original, it made Brittish people seem evil. It was honest.