GS Project Thread: Summer Project Ideas

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 12, 2005, 11:28:18 AM

Gold Trumpet

continued on last page....

I've sent out PM's to certain people advertising this, but I think I'm going to just bring it out in the open and allow everyone the chance to be apart of it. I've got an idea for Green Screen that will include a series of articles on the best films of last year. What it will be is that each member who writes for this will write about what they thought was the best film of last year. Choices for best film of the year have been as diverse as everso Il this can really work. The inspiration for this idea came from a political magazine that last year during the democratic nomination election, got together writers who picked a candidate and then each wrote an article called "In Defense Of..." for their choice candidate. This will be the same thing but for films.

I've already got a few people to agree wholeheartedly to do it. I don't mind if two articles appear for one film, but I'm really trying to be as diverse as possible with this. Here are the people who agreed to do certain films:

JB - Dogville
Shaftr - Collateral
Ono- Million Dollar Baby (maybe)
Ghostboy - Before Sunset (maybe)
Me - The Incredibles

There are a lot of other films worthy of their own article of defense so if anyone's really interested to do a piece, sign up on this thread and I'll continue to update the list. Just let me know if you want to be checked out of that list also. I'm also hoping a few people reply to this as well. I'm really tired of shooting out PM's.

Our temporary deadline to get these done by is 3 weeks.

Myxo

Pubrick

Quote from: MyxomatosisI'll tackle Sideways.
front on?
under the paving stones.

Myxo

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: MyxomatosisI'll tackle Sideways.
front on?

You know it.

Expect something soon. Loved it.

Film Student

I know I haven't been as frequent on the board in the last six months, but if you all would allow me to I would love to tackle either "Dogville" or "The Dreamers."  I consider both my favorites of the year, with "Dogville" ahead by a hair, but since JB's tackling that one already I would be happy to talk about "The Dreamers."
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Gold Trumpet

An updated list of the guranteed:

JB - Dogville
Shaftr - Collateral
Ghostboy - Before Sunset
Myself - The Incredibles
Film Student - The Dreamers
Myxomatosis - Sideways

I still haven't heard whether Ono wants to committ or not. Other films still are open but the due date for the articles is coming up in the next few weeks.

modage

i could try to do (the obvious) eternal sunshine, or shaun of the dead.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: themodernage02i could try to do (the obvious) eternal sunshine, or shaun of the dead.

I think these and "The Incredibles" were the only new films I saw in 2004.  I'm so ashamed.  

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with for these articles.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Pubrick

Quote from: Stefenohhh, can I do garden state?
yes.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Two Lane Blacktop
Quote from: themodernage02i could try to do (the obvious) eternal sunshine, or shaun of the dead.

I think these and "The Incredibles" were the only new films I saw in 2004.  I'm so ashamed.  

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with for these articles.  

2LB
haha, actually you couldnt have done any better than that in my opinion.  you saw the only perfect films of the year.  in all the land, none ruled harder.  i wish i had your luck, sir.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02haha, actually you couldnt have done any better than that in my opinion.  you saw the only perfect films of the year.  in all the land, none ruled harder.  i wish i had your luck, sir.
dude there's no luck involved. i only saw movies that i knew would be awesome, too. there's no reason to go watch Elektra or Catwoman, u just know they are pieces of shit. u know Ray is only popular cos the dude died recently. u know these things.
under the paving stones.

Film Student

Quote from: themodernage02haha, actually you couldnt have done any better than that in my opinion.  you saw the only perfect films of the year.  in all the land, none ruled harder.  i wish i had your luck, sir.
dude there's no luck involved. i only saw movies that i knew would be awesome, too. there's no reason to go watch Elektra or Catwoman, u just know they are pieces of shit. u know Ray is only popular cos the dude died recently. u know these things.

I went to see Catwoman because I knew it was going to be a piece of shit.  I get a perverse thrill out of really horrendous movies.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Pubrick

Quote from: Film StudentI get a perverse thrill out of really horrendous movies.
indeed, i almost saw Supersize Me for this same reason.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

dude there's no luck involved. i only saw movies that i knew would be awesome, too. there's no reason to go watch Elektra or Catwoman...

I do exactly the same, why waste two hours on some crappy flim?
About catwoman, there was actually something really funny here.