Under The Skin

Started by MacGuffin, September 02, 2013, 06:48:38 PM

max from fearless

I saw it at the London Film Festival. I think it comes out here in the U.K next year. No doubt, A24 are shitting their pants about how to put it out there. I can't even imagine what the poster would be. But i know this line needs to be on it:

"Species/Bad Taste reimagined as a hypnotic video installation."

wilder

In theaters April 4, 2014

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Axolotl

Wow
This is a trailer. This is the most a trailer has ever worked on me.

Pubrick

jonathan glazer loves kubick SO MUCH.

he's aping him in trailers too now.

the point of this is to establish some iconic images that will hopefully evoke an emotional intuitive response from the viewer. he's done it. the real kicker is that skin floating in the water. it's like an alternative to the mirror of blood in the shining teasers. that was the insides flowing out of a rigid mechanical object. this is the "outside" flowing inside a completely non-rigid structure.. they're both uncanny for basically the same reason. a part of us has been purged.
under the paving stones.

Cloudy

I'm ready for this.
Quote from: Pubrick on January 31, 2014, 09:08:20 AM
jonathan glazer loves kubick SO MUCH.
On top of that, Bergman's prologue to Persona...even down to the white background and type and tonal/percussive cuts.

wilder

thats gorgeous but did they mean to cut the text off at the bottom like that?

Axolotl

Quote from: 03 on February 10, 2014, 02:05:01 PM
thats gorgeous but did they mean to cut the text off at the bottom like that?
The text is under the skin of the poster.

Mel

Teaser was much better. Those one-liners kinda ruined it for me.
Simple mind - simple pleasures...

Kellen

The trailer was good even though I don't agree with the "we finally have an heir to Kubrick" line.

Punch

"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

wilder

Jonathan Glazer ad for Nike

Point Blank much?

jenkins

seems kinda crazy that noah is #1 right now, but overall not crazy because a fantasy movie in the lead is normal. still, the actual young adult novel got overtaken -- not bad, not bad. divergent i mean, which'll pass $100m today. but at #2. it was made for less and  will earn more, but they probably spent more marketing money, maybe, noah was hugely marketed here in la, and i'm not sure who collects bible sales money, while i'm sure divergent book publishers are smiling. all young adult publishers continue to smile

^i saw that because i tried to boxofficemojo the number of theaters receiving under the skin tomorrow. i think only 1 los angeles theater, so it seems like a limited release. nymphoII also opens tomorrow, in one theater, the same theater that opened nymphoI

summary:
a field in england
snowpiercer
only lovers left alive
nympho I+II
grand budapest hotel
the raid 2
lego movie
under the skin

dgg's joe next weekend, and the immigrant is approaching -- samsong called that his favorite james gray movie, which is great and he hasn't said something like that since last week when we said it about lvt. you gotta wait one week to be blown away this year, it's a great fucking movie year, and i know this crowd knows it ends well (because pta is releasing a movie). i'm all pumped and someone please tell me when/how i can see this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3521442/

totally on topic here, you just can't tell. looking forward to at least a couple liking under the skin, which will happen because obviously

Pubrick

Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Maybe try this one next time:

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=5827.0
under the paving stones.