The X-Files

Started by MacGuffin, November 23, 2003, 07:42:14 PM

MacGuffin

admin note: split from a different thread to make things official.
X-Files movie discussion can be found here.

Kudos to JB for that Lord Kinbote av. One of my favorite BLEEPING episodes.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinKudos to JB for that Lord Kinbote av. One of my favorite BLEEPING episodes.

It's probably my favorite. What are some other favorites of yours?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWhat are some other favorites of yours?

"Home"
"Irresistible"
"Duane Barry"/"Ascension"
"Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"
"War Of The Coprophages"
"Ice"
"The Host"
"Our Town"
"Beyond The Sea"
"Arcadia"
"Dreamland I & II"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffin"Ice"
"Beyond The Sea"

I just finished Netflixing the whole first season, and I have to agree with those... "Ice" is a classic (it feels like there have been movies based on it). "Deep Throat" is also great.

Jeremy Blackman

Here's a list of my 15 favorite episodes (in order of favoriteness). I made this a while ago... not sure why I haven't posted it...

9.19 - The Truth
5.19 - Folie À Deux
3.20 - Jose Chung's From Outer Space
6.03 - Triangle
4.09 - Tunguska
8.05 - Roadrunners
7.12 - X-Cops
6.21 - Field Trip
8.14 - This Is Not Happening
5.20 - The End
6.01 - The Beginning
6.13 - Arcadia
6.15 - Monday
7.01 - Hungry
3.02 - Paperclip

I Love a Magician

I don't know what my favorite episodes are, but over the summer I bought seasons one through six and watched all of'em before cooling off on the X-Files when school started back. Season seven worth getting?

SiliasRuby

I bought the whole series a long time ago (2 years) for extremely cheap on ebay and I am just now getting into it. I'm in the first season, last disc about to watch 'Tooms' the second episode that featues the man who needs a liver and a genetic mutation in order to keep on living well over the exceeded limit of a regular person. I've seen episodes here and there but this is really the first time I'm going start to finish so I'm dedicating some time to finishing the whole thing completely in the upcoming months.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Season 1 and 2 are great, but season 3 is when shit hits the fucking fan.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Shit hits the fucking fan in a good way?

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Just finished season 1's finale. Quite a nice wrap up. Wondering where it goes from here. Scully I hope gains a little bit more faith in the supernatural. I can't see why not, she has a cross around her neck so she has to gain some faith in the unknown after seeing what was in that flask. Going to go out to get some mexican food and then put in season 2 disc 1

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Just finished 'One breath' and I'm glad scully is okay. Good to see the lone gunman again. This is one of my favorite episodes so far but I really want to know more about CSM and the mythology behind the whole show. I'm becoming exceeding anxious about this show which isn't really that new to me.

My Collection

Fernando

I've been meaning to post here since I started re-watching the series weeks ago, right now im on the last disc of S6, and I feared that it wouldn't hold up as well and boy was I wrong.

I'm sure it owes to a lot of shows older than Twin Peaks but that's the one it comes to mind more often, be it in tone or humor (not to mention the many twin peaks ppl that have appeared), also forgot how bleak it was, many times the 'bad guys' get away with it, something that we don't see in the billion csi/cop-tech shows, and the acting is top notch from everyone, the guest roles are spot on, always casting the right ppl.

The standout for me right now is the wonderful Folie À Deux from season 5, in particular there is this phrase "it hides in the light" that gives me chills, it feels wonderfully strange and something that coulda come out of David Lynch's mind.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Just started watching the 'Aubrey' episode. I spotted John Locke (terry o'quinn)

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Okay, that one fucking creeped me out. 'You're going to pay little sister'. Ehhh....Anyway, isn't there an episode that was banned after only its premiere showing?

My Collection