movies assholes dig

Started by pete, October 24, 2004, 11:23:11 AM

Finn

Looks like I'm a real asshole. Yall have named some of my favorite movies. :wink:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

Quote from: CinephileWhy do I dislike this thread?

'Cause pete started it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

I think it has to do with the post above you.  :shock:

MacGuffin

Quote from: CinephileI think it has to do with the post above you.  :shock:

No, it's pete.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

we need the definition of 'asshole' somewhere too... cause I like most of the movies mentioned before... maybe I'm an asshole... but so are most of you... ... ... ...

Just Withnail

How about, "Good movies assholes like for the wrong reasons".

ono

Quote from: Withnail & GarfunkelHow about, "Good movies assholes like for the wrong reasons".
Quote from: ono.Assholes just like a lot of movies for the wrong reasons.
:yabbse-thumbup:

what are the correct reasons for liking a movie then?
context, context, context.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Small Town LonerLooks like I'm a real asshole. Yall have named some of my favorite movies. :wink:
Why is this confusing? It's not you like these movies, therefore you are an asshole... it's you are an asshole, therefore you like [our would like] these movies.

I normally hate cultural grouping and cultural warefare (which is what the first statement is), but this is kind of different. There may be some innate quality in the asshole that attaches him to these movies for the wrong reasons.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El DuderinoHALF BAKED
:yabbse-thumbup:

Just Withnail

Quote from: cronopiowhat are the correct reasons for liking a movie then?

Well, duh. Whatever the Xixax consensus is.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

cine

Quote from: cowboykurtisboondock saints
Yeah, you said that 6 hours ago.

Just Withnail

Don't you ever feel the need to add little squares here and there?

Anyway, I think this thread lost its potency after the first mention of Boondock.