Putting AVI to DVD

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, April 04, 2005, 12:30:49 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I've been trying to find a functional program to get an AVI onto a DVD through my burner, so far, no such luck.

Any suggestions or tips?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sigur Rós

The best sollution in my oppinion is Nero Vision Express 2. It's easy to use and pretty good at decoding almost any avi codec to dvd.

kotte

Okay, so the opposite...

I'm doing a reel for an actor and all his stuff is on DVD...there are several ways (and programs to use) to get the video down to the computger...but give me the best way.

Reinhold

i just extract the files by clicking on the disc icon on the desktop and dragging them out. import them into FCP and they'll automatically be converted into quicktimes.

i don't know if it works all the time like that, but i did it with a home burned dvd and a grand canyon documentary dvd.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

killafilm

You can also use MPEG Streamclip for the mac.