Worst Song Of All Time

Started by MacGuffin, April 21, 2004, 10:58:37 AM

jonas

Any song from Don Henly's solo career.

Any song by Kenny Loggins.

Take These Broken Wings (Mr. Mister, I believe).
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

mogwai

there's no end for nickelback. they're writing songs for other bands too.

there's this song by default (really...) called "deny", i even have a video linked to prove it. just check the lead singer when he badly lip synchs and the maniac drummer whose last name is probably bonzo.

pete

I just read the list again, and realized that it's impossible for the worst songs of all time to be all in english, and 90% of them coming out between 1992-2002.  That's just too good to be true.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

mogwai

Quote from: mogwaiwanna hear something really awful?

click on this link and click on the song "firestarter" (the prodigy) covered by gene simmons of kiss.
wanna see something really awful?

gene simmons "firestarter", the video (real player only)

Pedro

that is one of the worst things i have ever seen.

awesome.

10000 post in this forum

Just Withnail

You owe me three and a half minutes mogwai.

mogwai

Quote from: WithnailYou owe me three and a half minutes mogwai.
gene simmons does, not me. don't go blame the lads in the prodigy for writing the original song.

Sigur Rós

Fuck you mogwai! You shouldn't post shit like that. Now you've ruined my day!

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: mogwaithere's no end for nickelback.

There is hope though...

Creed Calls It Quits
Edited By Barry A. Jeckell. June 04, 2004, 9:25 AM ET

The members of Creed have confirmed that they will split after almost a decade together. The announcement comes three months after Creed songwriter/singer Scott Stapp told Billboard that his bandmates would take a break.

In a statement issued today (June 4) and posted on the band's official Web site, Stapp says, "Creed was one of the most amazing journeys through music and friendship I am blessed to say I was a part of."

Creed's last studio album, "Weathered," debuted in December 2001 at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and has more than 6.2 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. A spokesperson for the Wind-up Records act says the band's three albums have accrued worldwide sales to date in excess of 30 million units.

Going forward, Creed songwriter/guitarist Mark Tremonti will collaborate with the band's drummer Scott Phillips, original Creed bassist Brian Marshall and former Mayfield Four singer/songwriter Myles Kennedy on a new project called Alter Bridge. The band's debut album will be released Aug. 10 through Wind-Up.

"It's kind of sad to end a chapter of your life, but it's also exciting to be starting a new one," Tremonti says in the statement. "We'll always be proud of the music we made with Creed, but Alter Bridge gives me the opportunity to start over with a different perspective and a more evolved direction. This band begins and ends with the love of the music."

An Alter Bridge promotional acoustic tour of radio stations is planned for the summer. A worldwide tour will begin in late August or early September. The band has already established a Web presence at alterbridge.com.

As previously reported, Stapp will contribute material to a compilation of compositions inspired by the film "The Passion of the Christ." The set is due Aug. 31 via Wind-Up.

The singer will also continue to work with producer 7 Aurelius, best known for his work with such hip-hop heavyweights as Nelly and Ja Rule, on his solo debut. Canadian rock act the Tea Party has been tapped to work on the set. Stapp has also claimed his own Web space at scottstapp.com, which promises a full site is coming soon.

Finally, Wind-Up will release a Creed greatest hits compilation later this year.

-- Lars Brandle, London

from billboard.com

mogwai

Fergie "Big girls don't cry". No youtube link, nothing. Zip!

Reading my old post in this thread concering Nickelback I actually liked their recent album "Dark Horse". :yabbse-grin:

Reel

I think this is it:

Rebecca Black "Friday"

God, don't listen if you love your ears. It's like "The Room" of songs.

Stefen

lol. I kind of like the song. I heard it last week after the hoopla broke and it stuck in my head. I then came home and watched the video a billion times. I had to come home to watch it because I didn't want to watch it at work and have it on my history making me look like a pervert. I'm really not.

The best part is when Ray Lewis starts rapping.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I just clicked it to see what you two were talking about, not knowing anything about the artist or song.  I kid you not, as I watched it, the Dislikes counted up below the video.  It went up by about 400 or so by the end of the song.

The best part is that in the description of the video is a link to her twitter, titled "Rebeccafanclub."

So, is this a joke?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee