Edge of Tomorrow

Started by MacGuffin, December 11, 2013, 07:35:57 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: June 6, 2014

Starring: Tom Cruise; Emily Blunt; Bill Paxton; Lara Pulver

Directed by: Doug Liman

Premise: A soldier fighting in a war with aliens finds himself caught in a time loop of his last day in the battle, though he becomes better skilled along the way.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

groundhog day but during a war with aliens. also source code.

cool i guess, but he's getting kind of old. it looks a bit ridiculous.

i wonder if he'll ever stop insisting on being an action star and go back to making interesting movies. i feel like no one really pays attention to his career anymore.. it's like someone walking into the kitchen to get something out of the fridge while you're in there stirring something on the stove, and you just barely glance up to notice the other person and then go back to stirring whatever it is. that's what it's like when this dude releases a movie. you kind of notice, it barely registers.
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Pubrick on December 18, 2013, 08:55:31 AM
it looks a bit ridiculous.

It's based on a book called All You Need Is Kill, could be anything but ridiculous?

Quote from: Pubrick on December 18, 2013, 08:55:31 AM
groundhog day but during a war with aliens. also source code.

I like how time-loop films are slowly becoming a genre.

Mel

Special effects wise it looks very promising.
Simple mind - simple pleasures...

Mel

More lengthy trailer (at least they have compelling reason for not wearing helmets this time):

Simple mind - simple pleasures...

pete

I really liked it, but also I made a martial arts version of this a year ago and we're doing a sequel. I'm nervous now.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton