There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pozer on October 14, 2009, 01:04:53 PM
some years back i worked on a short film that starred the chick that played the phone sex operator in PDL. i got to talkin with her a couple of times and of course all i asked about was PTA and she said the same thing, dude is absolutely insane/cut all my scenes. said it was an out of this world movie set/best movie set ever.
can those two statements work together, hand in hand?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

md

i'd imagine insane or crazy might be self referenced as an excuse to all the changes being made during the making of his films.  I'd imagine that they work the crew and actors like crazy given their pay. 

One other interesting thing was Old HW's eagerness to speak about DDL.  He said something like, "when that guy is working he is in character 24/7, only when his wife and kids are there does he act normal."
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Convael

Quote from: md on October 14, 2009, 01:22:20 PM
i'd imagine insane or crazy might be self referenced as an excuse to all the changes being made during the making of his films.  I'd imagine that they work the crew and actors like crazy given their pay.
Can you expand on that please?  Like what changes made during the filming/what's their pay like?

idk

Quote from: md on October 13, 2009, 09:11:30 PM
I did ask him about the cut scenes and he named off about 4 or 5 that were shot but later removed. 

Feel free to expand on this also.

theyarelegion

Quote from: Convael on October 13, 2009, 11:59:23 PM
That's kinda strange that there were more scenes filmed because I'm pretty sure that there isn't more in the script with the older HW than what's in the movie.

In an earlier draft of the script there are a couple of other scenes with the older HW. Mainly one with Fletcher and another with Paul Sunday.

Pozer

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

john

Quote from: Convael on October 14, 2009, 12:12:59 PM

And saying someone is less crazy than Lars von Trier isn't saying a whole lot.

Incidentally, I just picked up the South Park movie on Blu-Ray and there's a pretty anecdotal commentary track byStone and Parker. They discuss going to the Oscars wearing dresses, then losing "Best Song" to Phil Collins and how, when Collins name was called as the winner, they say PTA stand up and shout "No!". They said it was much more punk rock than wearing dresses to the Oscars and the immediate respect they had for him at that moment.

They also commented "Dude is crazy."
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

B.C. Long

It's funny you guys should mention that cuz I was at a bus stop and I saw the black lady who plays Marcie in Magnolia and she said that she would have to make Paul a grilled cheese sandwich almost everyday to calm him down onset or else he would have a manic episode and start throwing frog props at everyone.

SiliasRuby

Every time I visit this thread I expect Pubrick's review of this film...but alas, no...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

lol@all these PTA stories.

And it is in the humble opinion of this narrator that this is not just "something that happened." This cannot be
"one of those things." This, please, cannot be that. And for what I would like to say, I can't. This was not just
a matter of chance. These strange things happen all the time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

I just ran into PTA on the street, and he fucking stabbed me. FOR NO REASON. Dude is crazy.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

picolas

he came running towards me with a look on his face that could only mean "you will die now!" i fired the only silver bullet left in the chamber. he caught it between his teeth with ease and stopped short. "thank you. that's all i needed." he said. he then reset the clock on my microwave and disappeared in a cloud of smoke and sparkling confetti.

©brad

Just ran into PTA on the subway. He grabbed me by the shoulders and screamed "WHERE THE FUCK IS RINGO YOU BITCH."