Saw

Started by FeloniousFunk, June 06, 2004, 10:01:17 PM

FeloniousFunk

Trailer (Quicktime)
    Trailer (Windows Media)
    Trailer (Realplayer)
    Director: James Wan
    Cast: Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Leigh Whannell, Dina Meyer, Monica Potter, Shawnee Smith, Tobin Bell, Ken Leung
    Release Date: September 17th, 2004
    Synopsis: The movie follows a series of gruesome deaths (in the style of Seven) orchestrated by a psychopath the police have nicknamed Jigsaw because his calling card is a bloody brand in the shape of a jigsaw puzzle piece left on his victims. Waking up in a mysterious room, Dr. Lawrence Gordon (Cary Elwes) and Adam (Leigh Whannell) find they are chained to the wall and have no idea how they got there. They find themselves the trapped victims of a serial killer's twisted game in this stylish thriller about escape, survival and the furious race against time.[/list:u]

coffeebeetle

The link is blocked by a login.  Gimmee access!!!!!
    more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
    woody allen (side effects - 1980)

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

meatball

The synopsis sounds interesting. This is a full feature length film? I wonder if they're able to keep that up without bleeding it to death.

Still requires registration to view the trailer.

Alethia

i saw the trailer last night.  it creeped me out and made me giggle in equal doses.

modage

cool poster and interesting premise. i saw the trailer before Open Water and thought it might atleast be worth renting.  

EDIT: i just watched the UNCENSORED TEASER and you can count me there opening week/day.
    Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

i'm really looking forward to this movie. that uncensored trailer was extremely well done
    I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pwaybloe

"How Fucked Up Is That?"

Lame.

diggler

ha, i guess so. but it is pretty damn fucked up.

Pwaybloe

No, it's just lame.

diggler

i wonder who wrote this movie and said "we've just gotta get danny glover for this"

Weak2ndAct

This movie sucks for so many reasons.  It starts off with an interesting opening, you have Cary Elwes and this other guy in a room, they are given the setup-- you have until (I forget what time) to kill the other guy, or you both die.  Cool.  

Well... the actor who plays the other guy just FUCKING BLOWS.  He keeps over-acting, delivering these cheesy one-liners... I sat in disbelief wondering who the fuck cast this douche?  When the movie was over I discovered it was the writer who played the part.  UGH.

The Danny Glover story is whatevs, I guess he figured since he was playing an 'unstable' cop, it wouldn't be a Murtaugh phone-in.  It still kinda is.  

'Saw' wants to be Fincher-esque in the worst way (the crime scenes could have been other sins in 'Seven,' heck, all the victims are essentially punished for their sins here), and it never works.  I was two steps ahead of the story and even the final twist (if you know your character actors, you'll see this coming) which is beyond illogical.

For some odd reason though, I like Cary Elwes.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Weak2ndActFor some odd reason though, I like Cary Elwes.

It's the 'Princess Bride' factor, right? That's what it is for me. I always root for him to be in something good.

I'm sure this will scare me, because I jump easily, but it still looks like complete crap. I'd rather just see the short film.

pete

Quote from: Ghostboy

It's the 'Princess Bride' factor, right? That's what it is for me. I always root for him to be in something good.

What do you call Ella Enchanted then you alpha-male pining horsecock?
    "Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
    - Buster Keaton

Sleuth

Quote from: pete
    Quote from: Ghostboy

What do you call Ella Enchanted then you alpha-male pining horsecock?

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!  It's always good to see him in Seinfeld, too
    I like to hug dogs