M. Night Shyamalan's The Village

Started by European Son, May 21, 2003, 10:07:35 PM

European Son

Shyamalan's next has been revealed. I don't know how popular he is around here since I'm new. I like him along with all of the other favorites here like Kubrick, PTA, Tarantino. Here is the story

modage

Sigourney Weaver Joins Shyamalan's The Woods
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Sunday, July 13, 2003

Sigourney Weaver has joined the cast of director M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming thriller The Woods, from Walt Disney Pictures. Weaver, joins Joaquin Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard and William Hurt.

Set in 1897, the film revolves around a close-knit community that lives with the frightening knowledge that a mythical race of creatures resides in the woods around them.

Shyamalan also wrote the script for the project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:shock: wait. this is me trying to figure out how they went from ashton kutcher and kirsten dunst to bryce dallas howard and sigourney weaver?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: themodernage02

Set in 1897

I read it wrong, at first I thought it was 1987.... not enough movies about the late 80's are getting greenlighted these days.

Sleuth

The plot twist is that it's about the Blair Witch
I like to hug dogs

markums2k

So, this one better be good, or my wife won't let me see his movies anymore.

She still won't forgive me for making her sit through Signs.  I must admit, I've enjoyed his movies so far.  Is there some kind of 12 step program I can join?  I want to help myself get better...

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: themodernage02Weaver, joins Joaquin Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard and William Hurt.

Shyamalan also wrote the script for the project.

Of course he has to reuse actors like PTA does... and he writes the script himself! Good for him.

Nick

MacGuffin

Adrien Brody Ventures into Shyamalan's Woods
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Oscar winner Adrien brody will star in writer/director M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming thriller The Woods.

The Pianist star joins Joaquin Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt and Sigourney Weaver in the Walt Disney Pictures ensemble film.

Set in 1897, "Woods" revolves around a close-knit community that lives with the frightening knowledge that a mythical race of creatures resides in the woods around them.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pwaybloe

He's Ron Howard's son.  

Check this site next time.

markums2k

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonWho is Bryce Dallas Howard?

Quote from: Pawbloe He's Ron Howard's son.

In Goon's world, there are only two people:  Paul Thomas Anderson, and Not Paul Thomas Anderson.

jokerspath

Quote from: markums2kIn Goon's world, there are only two people:  Paul Thomas Anderson, and Not Paul Thomas Anderson.

That's funny you mention that, because in my world there's only two people: Paul Thomas Anderson and Clint Howard...

aw

ps-someone go type www.clinthoward.com into your browser and let me know what you get.
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonWho is Bryce Dallas Howard?

Quote from: PawbloeHe's Ron Howard's son.

Actually, check this site next time. Ninth post down.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

markums2k

Quote from: jokerspath
That's funny you mention that, because in my world there's only two people: Paul Thomas Anderson and Clint Howard...

Sounds like a very scary place.

Pwaybloe

Whoops.  I meant daughter.

markums2k

Quote from: Pawbloe

Whoops.  I meant daughter.

No, Bryce is a boy's name.  And a very bad boy's name, at that.  Therefore... Bryce = has penis.  No matter what Ron says.