50 First Dates

Started by MacGuffin, December 18, 2003, 09:04:26 PM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Bankyi dont post much here any more and when i do it is usually news or just small remarks.  I use to love to go on at length but i just dont know....
Just joking, friend. You should post more with your opinions.

MacGuffin

Something was missing in this movie for me, and I can't put my fnger on what it is. It certainly has very romantic elements, and it's heart is in the right place, but something about it just didn't connect with me. Sandler and Barrymore certainly felt like a couple, but I guess I didn't feel much chemistry between them. It could have been due to, unlike Groundhog Day, the same, but different events of the day didn't feel like it pushed the story for the characters further. And the constant trying to end scenes with a laugh just fell so flat on their faces.

And what a waste of some classic 80's songs - all poorly redone, some with a reggae beat where there shouldn't be one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment has announced the release of 50 First Dates, which stars Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. The disc will set you back around $28.95 when it hits stores on the 15th of June.

Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio (English and French)
English and French Subtitles
Commentary with director Peter Segal and Drew Barrymore
Five Deleted Scenes with Optional Director's Commentary
"Talkin' Pidgin'" featurette; Native Hawaiians define various Hawaiian slang words and phrases
"The Dating Scene" Making-of documentary; a viewer's guide through production
Comedy Central Reel Featurette, "First Look" Special Airing
HBO First Look Featurette; HBO special on "50 First Dates"
Music Videos: "Hold Me Now" by Wayne Wonder, "Love Song" by 311, "Amber" by 311
Filmographies
Bonus Trailers
Photo Gallery
Gag Reel