Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: SoNowThenI think the fucking album is great, and swaggers in its own way. It's just that their specific way of writing "melody" takes a good amount of listens to find. But when you do, it's soooooo worth it.

Very true, first listen is just too overwhelming to get too much out of it.  After a few listens you pick up on the melodies that will not get out of your head.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pedro

Favor time!!
I don't have MTV2 and would really dig seeing their whole 2 dollar bill concert thing....anyone know where i can come across a rip of it or something?

aclockworkjj

Considering this thread is long enough to cover their last 2 albums, I fucked up and made a new thread....but you should check it out, 2 live acoustic sets and a small interview......here's the link

aclockworkjj

<-------offically places Radiohead as #1 on his playlist.....for this week at least....

Here is some more content, videos, interview....

http://launch.yahoo.com/destinations/promotions/radiohead/

RegularKarate

Okay all you Texans and Texas neighbors...

Tickets go on sale for the Houston show tomorrow... I just found this out because I always find shit out late.

Anybody want to meet there?  

I'm pretty psyched, this is the one band out of my favs list that I've never seen live.

So if any of you don't have anyone to go with or would like to meet there or after for coffee or some shit, let me know and maybe we'll see ya there.

I'm fuckin' psyched.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RegularKarateOkay all you Texans and Texas neighbors...

Tickets go on sale for the Houston show tomorrow... I just found this out because I always find shit out late.

Anybody want to meet there?  

I'm pretty psyched, this is the one band out of my favs list that I've never seen live.

So if any of you don't have anyone to go with or would like to meet there or after for coffee or some shit, let me know and maybe we'll see ya there.

I'm fuckin' psyched.

If you consider California a Texas neighbor, I would be more than happy to buy ya a cup of "joe".....as I might end up doing the same thing tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Word AJ!

I got my ticket... they went on sale at noon and I logged on at 12:08 and the entire front section was already sold out.

My seats aren't the best (oddly enough, the Ticketmaster system fucked up and I ended up with left section instead of center), but they're not out in the lawn or general admission, so I'm happy enough about getting to see them.

Either way, it's only an hour in to the sale and all that's left is the lawn.

Looking forward to the three hour drive.

Ghostboy

Hmmm. I wanted to go, but I don't want lawn tickets. Nothing's worse than having to use binoculars to watch a show. Damn my untimeliness. Oh well, it'll save me some money.

European Son

It's been said before, and I'll say it again: Fuck Ticketmaster! They're the worst. Now if Waste doesn't come through on the 21st, I have to go the scalper route because I'm so anal and will only settle for Pit tickets to a Radiohead show. It's either Waste, or paying a couple hundred dollars for the ticket I want to this show. Please Waste please please please.

Victor

got tickets yesterday for the madison square garden show in october...the seats suck but i really dont give a shit, im going, thats the important thing. ticketmaster is such a bitch, youre right, but hell, its over now, the tickets are mine, and im going, and im not getting fucked over this time. fucking radiohead, man - gonna be the show of the year.
are you gonna eat with us too?

xerxes

just wondering if anyone's going to one of the shows at the hollywood bowl... well???

Sleuth

I think the Houston show already sold out.  Fuck work.  Fuck it.  Fuck.  Work.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

I just checked and there are still tickets for the Lawn on the Houston show.

Beats not going... plus it's five whole bucks cheaper!

Sleuth

I had lawn for Tool during the first Lateralus tour, it's not bad, but I still can't get the tickets through the net and the actual physical places are closed right now.  And uh...fuck work.
I like to hug dogs

modage

i'm boycotting this tour.  fuck radiohead.  fuck ticketmaster.  and fuck these bullshit arenas/pavillions.  i'd rather not see them, than go in these circumstances.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.