Jon Brion: new site, blue site

Started by neatahwanta, August 16, 2003, 02:42:08 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: sickfins on November 19, 2006, 12:21:38 PM
i just posted an exclusive soundboard recording of jon's performance at the intonation festival in chicago from a few months ago along with a slew of other boots

looky looky

http://www.fairfax-avenue.com/
you brought two wombats out of hiding.

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on November 19, 2006, 11:30:11 PM
this is the greatest website ever.  thank you so much.
Quote from: imawombat on November 21, 2006, 09:48:28 AM
wow, your site rocks!   :bravo:
that's pretty good. now if only pedro would stay sickfins.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

anybody know if jon brion still does shows at the largo every friday? is that going to be happening in january?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sickfins

not as far as i know.  he's confirmed for a night this month, and he's rumoured to be playing on the 6th.

i doubt he'll ever return as regularly as he has in the past.

bonanzataz

oh horseshit! well, i'll be around on the 6th. should i make reservations or is it JUST a rumor?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sickfins

Quote from: bonanzataz on December 05, 2006, 03:33:47 PM
oh horseshit! well, i'll be around on the 6th. should i make reservations or is it JUST a rumor?

this is what i was told word for word:
"There seems to be some secret Largo show on Dec. 6.  Me and my friends are
regulars for JB shows and we were tipped to reserve blind tables for Dec. 6,
and that we won't be sorry!  So, we've done so, because when Flanagan gets
serious, it's VERY serious.  So, it looks like we're in for a treat.  Can't
say whether it will be JB or not, but I'll keep you posted.  I understand
it's going to be some Very Special Musicians in the house."

tpfkabi

no Largo performances up on you tube?

this is a travesty
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pedro

Quote from: bigideas on December 05, 2006, 10:27:52 PM
no Largo performances up on you tube?

this is a travesty
So this is only one third jon brion but...

i think that this is a PTA recorded performance, btw

sickfins

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on December 05, 2006, 10:30:36 PM
i think that this is a PTA recorded performance, btw

it's not

i'm posting a slew of jon brion videos in the next update

bonanzataz

Quote from: sickfins on December 05, 2006, 10:10:37 PM
Quote from: bonanzataz on December 05, 2006, 03:33:47 PM

this is what i was told word for word:
"There seems to be some secret Largo show on Dec. 6.  Me and my friends are
regulars for JB shows and we were tipped to reserve blind tables for Dec. 6,
and that we won't be sorry!  So, we've done so, because when Flanagan gets
serious, it's VERY serious.  So, it looks like we're in for a treat.  Can't
say whether it will be JB or not, but I'll keep you posted.  I understand
it's going to be some Very Special Musicians in the house."

i thought you meant january 6th. damn. well. who played? any rumored january dates i should know about?

sickfins

i'm posting a bootleg of the dec 6th show in the next few days, so you won't really have missed out.   i haven't heard a peep about january, though

sickfins

tpfkabi

can this be put up on youtube?

i have no idea the max size a file can be. i see documentaries broken up into several pieces sometimes.

sickfins

Quote from: bigideas on December 27, 2006, 06:00:45 PM

i have no idea the max size a file can be. i see documentaries broken up into several pieces sometimes.

i'll see what i can do.  i've already put a huge amount of work into getting it/uploading it to where it is, but i'll try putting it on google video or somewhere other than youtube where the quality isn't shit.

tpfkabi

Quote from: sickfins on December 27, 2006, 06:55:03 PM
Quote from: bigideas on December 27, 2006, 06:00:45 PM

i'll see what i can do.  i've already put a huge amount of work into getting it/uploading it to where it is, but i'll try putting it on google video or somewhere other than youtube where the quality isn't shit.

ok, thanks.
if it's a huge trouble, then don't worry about it since i seem to be the only one around here still with a slow connection.

sickfins

news flash.  in addition to the billions of other bootlegs i've put up since last posting here, jon brion's show last night at the steppenwolf theatre in chicago is up now.  hear him mash-up the lyrics of 'don't think twice it's all right' with the melody of 'lithium', or marvel at how 'back in black' is performed in the style of fats waller.  or maybe just listen to it for the heartbreaking version of elliott smith's 'happiness'.  or the epic medley of prince songs.  fuck, just listen to the whole goddamn thing 

www.fairfax-avenue.com