oLd sChOoL cArToOnS!!!

Started by cron, April 26, 2004, 06:47:05 PM

wow.... Babar. All those are the ones I couldn't remember yesterday.  
Also:

-Count Duckula

-Rocky and Bullwinke (R & B hahaha)

- Wait till your father gets home

(the second one failed after the second season. the animation in the first season was coooooool)
-Johnny Quest, both of them.

- Denver the Last Dinosaur
THEME SONG:
DENVER THE LAST DINOSAUR
HE'S MY FRIEND AND A WHOLE LOT MORE.

- Silverhawks

-  Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers
context, context, context.

ono

Darkwing Duck - EXCELLENT!  (I am the terror that flaps in the night.  I am the deli meat that rots in your refrigerator!)  Basically, I am the noun-modifier noun that verbs in your noun!

Denver, the Last Dinosaur - HAHA!  Thought I was the only person who would ever remember this one.  Nice.

Love Rocky and Bullwinkle -- I have the first season on DVD.  Great stuff.

Ducktales - Also classic, as is Chip and Dale.

Anyone remember The Getalong Gang?  Some cheesy show like the Care Bears, from the late 80s, I imagine.  80s cartoons, in a nutshell, were just classic.  And on that note, I did enjoy the Care Bears when I was little -- but man were they cheesy.  I had a few of their movies on Beta.

Which reminds me - Rainbow Brite - talk about cheesy.

The Muppet Babies -- 'nuff said.

Quote from: rettic
Pingu

YEAH!!!!!!

Also:

Baby Follies
context, context, context.

cine

Quote from: RaikusAlso, didn't they have some Rubix Cube superhero?

As for cartoons, I watched the same as ShanghaiOrange, Ravi, ranemaka13, Raikus, and of Pubrick's I watched Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, Samurai Pizza Cats, and Babar. I also loved the Smurfs, Looney Tunes, Care Bears, Ravi's shows (though not Pound Puppies, to my knowledge). Oh Cronopio's I only watched Inspector Gadget, Rocky & Bullwinkle and Chip & Dale. And like Onomato, I watched Muppet Babies. 'Nuff said, indeed.

One's that haven't been mentioned that I loved?

The Raccoons

Woody Woodpecker

this was, as we know, a cartoon version of the Honeymooners.

And some of you will remember this tv show... for the ones who do, you are the coolest people on xixax:

I was also a fan of live action shows. I was CRAZY about them. I watched Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Flying Circus (there was also a Teddy Ruxpin one too). These are some caps of what I'm talking about:

I swear to GOD - if any of you has access to these, I will purchase them off you in a heartbeat.

Pubrick

how could i forget this little classic..

and also i forgot to mention another obscure british cartoon: Bangers and Mash, anyone watch that?

Raikus, i think what was creepy about Superted was his spotty friend

and also his whole backstory of being thrown away like a piece of rubbish, without explaining what was wrong with him, i guess it's an abortion story.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

That just brings back shivers.

And I used to love Silverhawks as well.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

molly

My favourites: La linea(http://www.varesenews.it/cartoonforum/inglese/articoli/22-9lalinea.html), Pčelica Maja, Smurfs, A je to, Lolek & Bolek,...

i remember watching some of Cinephile's cartoons

SoNowThen

All great ones mentioned. I would add He-Man. Also, this one

Also, I wonder if you folks can help me remember: there was this one cartoon, actually just one episode, I think as part of Looney Tunes, and it was all about these alien teenagers falling in love. The aliens were drawn sort of like the Grinch. Does anyone else remember this???
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: SoNowThenI would add He-Man.
Not that it matters, but Ravi already mentioned that.

SoNowThen

Quote from: 50 Centiphile
Quote from: SoNowThenI would add He-Man.
Not that it matters, but Ravi already mentioned that.

Whoops... sorry 'bout that :oops: . I was just about to write Animaniacs and Tiny Tunes when I scrolled back and noticed those too. Gotta cut back on my daily dosage of retard pills...

Anyway, anyone seen that cartoon I wrote about above?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

What I watched:

Davey & Goliath (if Gumby counts)

Heckle & Jeckle

Underdog

(This show also had cartoon versions of Gilligan's Island and The Brady Kids)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

How can anyone forget the mixed media magic of:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Fernando

TOP CAT

G FORCE a.k. in the USA a. BATTLE OF THE PLANETS

REMI (as a kid, the most dramatic cartoon I ever saw)

Ravi

What was the one with the baby that goes into space?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs