ULTIMATE FILM FANATIC ON IFC BEGINNING JULY 9th 10:30pm E/P

Started by FeloniousFunk, July 03, 2004, 07:36:13 PM

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin
I did.

That tells me enough. I'm through with this if you are. Unless you want to keep confounding the idea of moderation with pissing matches.
WWPTAD?

ReelHotGames

so, after a redirect here it is for UFF2 the sequel:

shameless self promotion here, but just thought i would let everyone know that yours truly was on the season 2 audition special showing this week on ifc, and will be on an episode of the show coming up in January, it's the Northern California area, which is some region which I am not sure west coast or such. Anyway, in the audition special (if you watch) I am a blur during the people who have brought their stuff (I'm the one who talks about geek whiff)

Also they show me a couple of times on the show (my nametag reads "JASON" - that's right my real name is Jason Alexander and I am not the guy from Seinfeld and I didn't marry Brittany Spears.)

Anyway, in case you want to watch one of your own, there you are. Have at it.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

ReelHotGames

so, my episode aired last night, I came in 2nd,, lost on the third item of the obsession war, ah well... anyway, if you want to see it's the WEST COAST episode, and I am the geek who doesn't win going by the name oh "jason" - shall I whine now about losing a point to a picture of cardbaord standees? Not even the actual standees in the flesh, but a picture! Gads! Ah well, Dean the winner was the nicest guy you'd ever meet and truly a film savant, and articulate beyond belief... hate him... No... No, at least I didn't get punked in the first round.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

modage

i watched the whole second season which wrapped last night.  i liked the guy who won, but 'legend' picks the winner was once again ridiculous.  especially since the only thing robert evans seemed to care about was how these two were going to break into the biz.  like, the show is about how much you love movies, not how much you want to make them.  they picked the guy who wanted to make them last season as the winner and not the guy who just loved them because he did.  but the guy who won was cool.  although, everyone on the second season had the insight of actually knowing how the game is played before they even auditioned, so it wasnt nearly as much of a shock as finding out minutes beforehand and thusly probably prepared them a lot more for the experience.  lots of the questions were very easy, a few were hard.  the format is still pretty stupid, they just cant wait to unload everyone in the first round as quickly as possible.  sudden death is not cool, especially when you're pitting the two best against each other when they should both be moving onto the next round if they were going against the lower scorers..... not that i'm bitter.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.