greatest program ever created

Started by pete, March 05, 2007, 11:49:29 PM

pete

http://www.iconcertcal.com/
this program goes into your itunes and then creates a calender that tells you when all the acts are coming to your town.  I'm never going to another movie again.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

... gotdam, I said GOTDAMN! that's cool.

Thanks Pete.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

last days of gerry the elephant

I thought this thing was broken, until I searched for another city in another country.

Just another fine perk living in Toronto.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Fuck itunes or not, it's a fine plug-in.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Yeah, it is really great, but really depressing when you realize how crappy your local scene is. I change the radius to 400 miles and that's where the hits come.

I wish there was a plug-in to move cities good bands are playing in closer to me.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Pubrick on March 06, 2007, 03:51:20 AM
fuck itunes.

iTunes 7.1 just came out, I thought you should be the first to know.

Reinhold

another great program is iScrobbler (for windows and mac)

it's a client that tracks your music listening habits through/for last.fm. i know it's just for market research, but I still think this app is great. it's interesting for me to see how my musical tastes change over time by looking at the charts from the last year as opposed to the just the last 3 months. the weekly chart used to be updated only once a week, but now it's "the past 7 days," updated every day.

it's limited in the sense that it only counts the number of plays, and doesn't accurately represent how much time you spend listening to certain bands-- for example, i probably listen to as much sigur ros as i listen to the beatles, but my favorite sigur ros songs are generally 2-6 times longer than beatles songs.

you can share your profile with other users linking to your profile page or by having friends on the site. this is mine: http://www.last.fm/user/reinholdmessner

plus, (the reason why i put this in this thread) there's an events calendar that you can see, listing upcoming shows for the artists in your library.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

http://www.last.fm/user/squintessential

Bam!

I've been usin this for a while. Wasn't it mentioned in another thread?

Reinhold, our compatibility isn't so hot :(
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

Quote from: squints on August 07, 2008, 04:43:23 PM
http://www.last.fm/user/squintessential

Bam!

I've been usin this for a while. Wasn't it mentioned in another thread?

Reinhold, our compatibility isn't so hot :(

it would be a lot higher if i updated from my ipod half as often as i should. especially re: no age, fuck buttons, and liars

if it's in another thread, i'm sorry. i don't wanna hit up mac every time i would use the search function.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: pete on March 05, 2007, 11:49:29 PM
http://www.iconcertcal.com/
this program goes into your itunes and then creates a calender that tells you when all the acts are coming to your town.  I'm never going to another movie again.

I'd like a program that does this with album release dates.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

After reformatting my computer, I lost this a while ago, but I downloaded it when it was first posted.

This plugin is so beautiful.  How did I ever live without it?

Man, squints we have really low compatibility.  (I'm /forbiddenplanet)

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

If it scrobbled from my ipod I'd have a ton more modest mouse. I've seen lightning bolt three times. Metal face doom mother fucker! I just can't get down with girl talk though.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on September 02, 2008, 01:00:36 AM
I just can't get down with girl talk though.

He got to the top because it's all my roommates ever want to listen to when I'm playing music for everyone.

On my own, it's usually better reflected by much longer songs that don't pop up as much like Sunn O))), Pelican, Don Cab, Godspeed, et al.