Poof! - a short screenplay

Started by matt35mm, April 04, 2004, 04:43:18 PM

kotte

Quote from: RecceIts looking pretty good. As far as the people who said its jsut no good and don't bother, I think thats kind of a stupid POV. Let's never make any video or films unless they'll win festivals and stuff. I've done a shitload of crap and I'm just now starting to make stuff that I like. Its good to practice on stuff, even if they end up sucking. As far as the story goes, I kinda like it, it actually resembles two earlier scripts I had written in College. I would talk about them, but they no longer 'exist', if you get my drift.

hey, he asked for opinions and I gave mine.
What's stupid is if someone posts a script, wants opinions on it and we should take other things but the script into consideration.

Matt, the screenshots looks great.

matt35mm

Thanks!

I also have a new ending that I never posted here that's much less silly than the previous ending... it's an improvement but probably wouldn't drastically changed anybody's opinion.

Tictacbk

what are you shooting it with?

matt35mm

Canon GL-2.  Then Magic Bulletting it to 24p.  The result is pretty damn good.

reelistics07

so how are you gonna play out this 'new' ending?  
well, its november now, im sure its already been played out  

in that case, got any more shots from the finished product to show us?

matt35mm

This is the ending as scripted:

INT. LIVING ROOM – SCOTT'S HOUSE – MORNING

(NOTE: A slower, colder, damper feeling to this "reality."  Therefore the pace, look, and feel of these last scenes contrast from all previous scenes.)

Scott wakes up.  He takes a moment to fully figure out what the reality of the situation is.

He's on the couch, and the TV is on, playing at a low-volume (he fell asleep watching TV, remember?)

He sits up and looks around the room a bit—a little groggy, muscles still asleep.

Scott turns the TV off.

EXT. SCOTT'S NEIGHBORHOOD – DAY

Scott is walking alone with a backpack on his back—presumably going to school.

A bit in the distance, on the same side of the sidewalk is Julie, walking alone as well.  She's walking with a backpack, too... maybe going to a bus-stop in the opposite direction from where Scott's headed.  Her head is down; she's staring at her feet while walking.

Scott is just looking straight forward as he walks.  He sees Julie but does not recognize her as anyone special.

They pass.

CAMERA FOLLOWS JULIE:  Julie seems to get a strange feeling after passing Scott.  She turns back and looks at Scott and sees only his back; Scott is just continuing to walk while looking forward.  She turns and looks back at her feet, continuing her walk.

CAMERA FOLLOWS SCOTT:  Scott now, too, feels something strange.  He turns to look at Julie, and sees her walking away like normal.  Scott looks forward again and continues his walk like normal.

THE END

------------------------------------

I had posted the full movie here earlier, but had since taken it down because it was uploaded on my friend's website and she doesn't have it anymore.  I don't have my own webspace.  So no movie or shots to give you, sorry.  Go to http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=6388 to find the several members' reviews of it.