Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

wilberfan

I'm not sure yet where the boundaries are around here.  I was excited to see this, for what it's worth...

https://twitter.com/JohnDarko/status/930922113422077952

matt35mm

They've just expanded the number of guilds that are allowed to RSVP, which gives me hope that I can snag one with ACE. I'll keep checking each day (as I have been doing). Probably the ones with Q&As will fill up before I get access.

wilberfan

Quote from: matt35mm on November 15, 2017, 07:55:12 PM
They've just expanded the number of guilds that are allowed to RSVP, which gives me hope that I can snag one with ACE. I'll keep checking each day (as I have been doing). Probably the ones with Q&As will fill up before I get access.

They're over-RSVPing, too.  So seating isn't even guaranteed. 

matt35mm

Quote from: wilberfan on November 15, 2017, 07:57:16 PM
Quote from: matt35mm on November 15, 2017, 07:55:12 PM

They're over-RSVPing, too.  So seating isn't even guaranteed.

That's standard. Even so, these screenings are never ever full.

Tictacbk

Woo! Just rsvp'd for Aero Theater on 11/29/2017 7:00 PM. Very excited.

wilberfan

HACKANUT

thats substantially shorter than I was expecting. I'm sure the film's as tight as possible, but I was really looking forward to that rumored 3 hour cut!

budwillies

Can we expect a second trailer?

Yes

The rumor going around was that this will be a shorter runtime, so it's nice to see a new confirmation

budwillies

Announcement in 70mm at the music box theater in Chicago. And cigs and red vines said that they were announcing something soon.  Possibly a early screening in 70mm?

Tdog

Better poster for sure! 115 runtime is only 15 minutes shorter than The Master, which as much as I love it could have done with shaving off 5-10 minutes towards the end.

Lottery

Pretty surprised by the runtime.
I wonder if this was more informed by the editing process with Tichenor or if PTA had determined that this would be a lean drama type thing early on in writing.
I hope there's some additional footage like usual.

Quote from: Tdog on November 18, 2017, 03:46:56 PM
Better poster for sure! 115 runtime is only 15 minutes shorter than The Master, which as much as I love it could have done with shaving off 5-10 minutes towards the end.

Master Spoilers

I might be one of the few who think this but I would have been happy with an extra 5-10 minutes between Freddie leaving Dodd in the desert and returning to him in England.

Drenk

IJ absolutely works on the page. It would be a disaster filmed. And I hope he'll always be able to do movies. But who knows how the world will be in twenty years.
Ascension.

Drenk

Ascension.