Started by marblefawn, October 05, 2005, 10:12:29 PM

Link

Gonna go to the public library to check that out

Pozer

ono

s'hummer

... uh, i mean h'ave m,ercy

life_boy

This is how threads get to six pages before something else interesting happens.

Pozer

Stop that rhyming now, I mean it!

Find Your Magali

Quote from: 72teeth

sorry, what are the rules...

HEY, WASN'T I IN A MOVIE WITH....

72teeth

...i belive it was Demolition High, which was talked about in Magnolia, directed by PTA!!!! WooHoo, were back on track!!! Thread saved...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pozer

Ghostboy

Finally got around to reading the article this afternoon. It is indeed really good. It would make a great movie, too. It would definitely be very Herzog-ish, but I think an equally accurate precedent would be John Sayles' Men With Guns. Don't you hate it when you see people walk by outside your window at 4 in the morning but you're not sure if they're really there or not because you're so tired? It's creepy and annoying. I'm going to bed. Anyway, it's a great true story, although having read this and Oil!, the latter is clearly much more PTA-ish. And this thread is all based on conjecture anyway. Damn, there it went again, outside my window. Where's my samurai sword?

Ghoulardi

PTA has said many times that he won't direct something he didn't write, but he would gladly let other directors use his writing... and I don't think he is the kind of guy to go against something he has been so openly passionate about.   Hence, all 4; written and directed by PTA.  

This is the most likely reason he isn't slated to direct There Will Be Blood, and the reason he probably won't direct the Grann adaptation.  

But you never know, maybe he made an "adaptation clause" in his personal doctrine....

By the way, Klaus Kinski is a MADMAN.... but i love him.

kotte

Well, I swore I wouldn't touch pussy-pink in my life...things change, you roll with flow...

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: GhoulardiPTA has said many times that he won't direct something he didn't write, but he would gladly let other directors use his writing... and I don't think he is the kind of guy to go against something he has been so openly passionate about.   Hence, all 4; written and directed by PTA.  

This is the most likely reason he isn't slated to direct There Will Be Blood, and the reason he probably won't direct the Grann adaptation.  

But you never know, maybe he made an "adaptation clause" in his personal doctrine....

By the way, Klaus Kinski is a MADMAN.... but i love him.

I think it was a vague comment before. Who knows whether he was open to the idea of adaptation then or not. I have to tend to believe he was considering he was serious about adapting the novel, "A Conspiracy of Paper" at the time. Whether this project or not, I think his next project will into adaptation of something once thought impossible before. Either "Oil" or this.

Actually, I'll bet money he does this project first. Less ambitious and it will let him get his feet with a new topic.

Ghoulardi

I wasn't talking about the adaptation of the novels, i was talking about him directing the adaptations.   He has no problem with writing, it's his vision that he doesn't want to combine with someone elses (i.e. using something that he didn't write as camera fodder...totally not his style)

But as i said before, you never know...anything is possible, and thats a fact.  Personally, i think it would be great if he directed Oil!, it reads like a story that he would have written had he been a little child back then.

Pubrick

Quote from: Ghoulardiit's his vision that he doesn't want to combine with someone elses
right, so that's why he has no problem associating his visual style with every director he's ever admired..

also, introduce urself, stranger.
under the paving stones.