voting for the Xixax Dekapenticon

Started by Jeremy Blackman, November 03, 2003, 05:05:36 PM

ono

Considering I haven't even heard of The Conformist until now (a search on IMDb reveals it's a Bertolucci film; I liked Ultimo tango a parigi, so I should definitely check this out), the chances of that are probably slim.  Still, though, I can't wait to see everyone else's picks, too.  That should be just as interesting as the final list.

Sleuth

Compiling and sending in my entry made me feel like a real man.
I like to hug dogs

ono

Reading and replying to your post made me feel like a real man.

RegularKarate

Quote from: SlobhCompiling and sending in my entry made me feel like a real man.

Picturing you as man makes me laugh real hard.

SoNowThen

Threatening people with death in the absence of a Conformist vote makes me feel like a real man.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: SlobhCompiling and sending in my entry made me feel like a real man.

Picturing you as man makes me laugh real hard.

I should let you know (SECRETLY!!  SO NOBODY ELSE READ THIS I'M SERIOUS YOU GUYS) that I didn't compile or send in an entry.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

It's not too late Trebh (this is the inevitable next name isn't it?),  Just PM it on this way and make sure it's in alphabetical order and don't number it and don't put "the" in front unless it's "La" or "Das" then use that, but try to use the most common name and think about it, actually think about it, don't put the last fifteen movies you saw and liked and fuck up our list or I might kill you.

abuck1220

i wore a tweed jacket with sewn on elbow thingys and smoked a pipe while i did mine. i felt scholarly.

am i pathetic for looking forward to seeing peoples' lists?

cine

Quote from: abuck1220am i pathetic for looking forward to seeing peoples' lists?
No, I wouldn't think so. I'm anxious to see who I'm compatible with :-D
But seriously, it'll be interesting for me because I think these lists will spit out a lot of unexpected diversity.

The Silver Bullet

Il Conformista is a beautiful, wonderful movie. I sorta dislike the coda at the end, but I can stomach it.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarateIt's not too late Trebh (this is the inevitable next name isn't it?),  Just PM it on this way and make sure it's in alphabetical order and don't number it and don't put "the" in front unless it's "La" or "Das" then use that, but try to use the most common name and think about it, actually think about it, don't put the last fifteen movies you saw and liked and fuck up our list or I might kill you.

No, I can't possibly do this.  I don't like listing to begin with, and this is just too much for me to do (though I am interested to see the outcome)
I like to hug dogs

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: SoNowThenI want everyone to know I'm gonna go on a wild killing rampage if The Conformist isn't on the top 50...

Haha, I bet it doesn't even make it. The film is recognizable to me, but I've never seen it.

abuck1220

is this where we should post our lists or what?

Banky

comon  boys , count those ballots, i want to see some results

abuck1220

this is disappointing. i was expecting to get on here and see everybody's list. what's going on?