Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: Larry Doc Sportollo on March 17, 2013, 02:35:53 AM
who do you want to see cast??

my wishlist........
Michael Shannon

Oh man...as Bigfoot I'm assuming?

That's too good of an idea for words

especially the part of the book where he *spoilers* his *spoiler* at the end of *spoiler* and also im*spoiler*ates the main character's former *spoiler*
...or is that not part of Inherent Vice?

Reel

I love how this Doc Sportello just took the other ones place

polkablues

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Rooty Poots

I'm hearing Bigfoot will be played by Chris Colfer.

Just kidding, I've learned my lesson. I own a copy of the book but haven't read it yet, so I don't know who should be cast. But I'd love to see PTA work with Jillian Belk again (she was the woman who was in The Master briefly, recalling back to a time before she was born). I just love her face and her ability to deliver the most ridiculous lines in a perfect deadpan. I'd also like to see him work with Elizabeth Olsen, perhaps. He's so fucking great at getting powerful dramatic performances from comic actors, so maybe Danny McBride or Paul Rudd? I don't know so much if I want to see them in a PTA film as much as I just think they'd be a lot of fun to work with and have on set, if I were in PTA's position.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Lottery

I wasn't into PTA back then but I imagine people gave a good old scoff when he said he wanted Adam Sandler in his movie.

But I would probably at least inflict some form of self-harm with those folks present.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Reelist on March 22, 2013, 02:28:59 AM
Quote from: KLMNOP on March 22, 2013, 02:20:27 AMmaybe Danny McBride or Paul Rudd?

If any of those two show up, I WILL off myself.

But what would our reactions have been to hearing John C. Reilly in one of his movies if Reilly had only been known for fare like Anchorman and Step Brothers?

You don't think he could pull a good PTA-calliber performance out of Danny McBride? Maybe I'm just stuck on the fact that I like McBride's face, and some of the emotions he's surprised me with on Eastbound and Down.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

with PTA recently saying he "misses Twin Peaks" in that interview with CigsAndRedVines, maybe he'd be into recruiting Kyle McLachlan for something

...Okay, I wouldn't expect this to actually happen, but watching the show these past couple months I am impressed by the performance chops of a guy that I only knew as the male antagonist in "Showgirls". And find him incredibly entertaining. So it'd simply be cool to have him in a PTA flick.

Reel

OH MY GOD!!! I follow Cheech on twitter and just happened to click on one of his picture links from the other day ( which I never do ) :

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!

polkablues

Let's not jump to conclusions, maybe Paul just wanted to buy some weed.

Reel

one in a series of attempts to lower his sperm count ( Doctor's orders )

polkablues

Open question to whoever's read the book: are there any characters that would make sense for him?

Jeremy Blackman

I have not read the book, but if he takes the Mumbles O'Malley part, I will be furious.

On a serious note, if Luis Guzman fits in a PTA movie, I don't see why Cheech doesn't. He would have to do more character acting than he did on Lost, though.

©brad

The last time I had this feeling of "what? why?" to a PTA casting choice was Adam Sandler, and that turned out well. So I'm good with it.

Reel

with Don Johnson being so good in Django and now this, I think we're due for a Nash Bridges movie.

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: Larry Doc Sportello on April 02, 2013, 07:04:16 PM

Just realized this was an April Fools- that tweet doesnt even exist ...... nice photo-shop work
Cheech would have made a killer Sauncho Smilax

I been looking at  https://twitter.com/CheechMarin  for the past 10 minutes... Hoping the tweet/picture is in there... Nope, it ain't there. Reelist fucked us all in the ass.   I kinda wanna take my +1 back, but I'll let him keep it cuz he's my friend. (even though he's a fucking asshole).  God, I hate April fools.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.