Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Quote from: that article"I think they're boring," offers Erin Franzman, 27, an AOL city entertainment guide editor.

"To me, their last good song was 'Creep' because that was the last song that had a hook and was short."

Stop right there!

You're fired
I like to hug dogs

Dirk

Details of the new 2 + 2 =5 single and DVD coming out on November 10th.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sleuth

How can they play Conan on a Saturday

I know the shows are pretaped, but that doesn't exactly make sense taping on saturday and waiting for Monday to tape Tuesday's episode and ahhhh my head
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

so, is anybody going to msg tomorrow night? got an extra ticket? i'll be at madison square garden with a bunch of other assholes holding up a big sign begging for a miracle. that's how i saw pdl a month before its release, so i figure it'll work here. GIMME YO TIXXXXX!!!!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Victor

taz, did you get in or what? i didnt see you there. i went, it was fucking insane, everything i expected and more. best show ive ever seen and one of the best nights of my life.

Regular, how fucking sick was that new, souped-up version of The Gloaming? Its still in my head now.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Sleuth

GOD DAMNIT THEY WON'T BE ON CONAN, JUST LETTERMAN

Someone tell me about the souped up version of the Gloaming
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

Quote from: Victortaz, did you get in or what? i didnt see you there.

:yabbse-thumbdown:

i ended up not going. most my friends were retaking SAT's the next day and nobody wanted to go and i didn't feel like getting ripped off (last show i went to i got a fake ticket. it sucked, even if i ended up getting in anyway). were there a lot of people out there with signs looking for tickets, or would i have been the only one?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

hey, does anyone else remember when radiohead used to be good?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Yeah, definitely. I somtimes reminisce to those Pablo Honey/Bends days, right before they became great.

freakerdude

Ok, I am going to get an ass kicking for this.

I first heard Creep when it came out and loved it. Then I heard all these raving reviews of OK Computer and Radiohead in general. I decided to buy Kid A as my first album and was kind of dissapointed but it eventually grew on me and I like it. Then I bought OK Computer, and well, I have to say it is almost unbearable to listen to. I find it very slow and boring and I like all types of music except country and most classical.

My range is from Robert Johnson 1937 blues, jazz, reggae, old rock like Hendrix, Led Zep, Allman Brothers Band, pop like Bjork and Fiona Apple, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, and all the way up to Tool/Godsmack/System Of A Down. I am very diverse but don't see OK Computer as being that great of an album like the reviews said.
MC Pee Pants

Dirk

Quote from: GhostboyYeah, definitely. I somtimes reminisce to those Pablo Honey/Bends days, right before they became great.

Well put.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

SHAFTR

Quote from: freakerdudeOk, I am going to get an ass kicking for this.

I first heard Creep when it came out and loved it. Then I heard all these raving reviews of OK Computer and Radiohead in general. I decided to buy Kid A as my first album and was kind of dissapointed but it eventually grew on me and I like it. Then I bought OK Computer, and well, I have to say that it is unbearable to even listen to.

My range is from Robert Johnson 1937 blues, jazz, reggae, and all the way up to Tool/Godsmack/System Of A Down. I am very diverse but don't see OK Computer as being that great album like the reviews said.

WOW, to me...that is music at it's perfection.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

Quote from: Dirk
Quote from: GhostboyYeah, definitely. I somtimes reminisce to those Pablo Honey/Bends days, right before they became great.

Well put.

yea.  but unfortunately it couldnt last forever, and they started to suck.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

Honestly they should take a cue from the Strokes and never evolve musically.  Just my opinion
I like to hug dogs