Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Pas

It's french, and it is much better if you understand the lyrics, but try the song "Respire". Do try.

Dirk

Quote from: children with angelsHoly shit! That shit's out?! I gott get that shit...!

Not out until June 17th, but it's been on the net for awhile now.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

European Son

Sigur Rós

Quote from: godardian

Is that Beckham?

children with angels

Quote from: Dirk
Quote from: children with angelsHoly shit! That shit's out?! I gott get that shit...!

Not out until June 17th, but it's been on the net for awhile now.

Shit! I betta wait for that shit, coz I don't believe in the ethics of downloading pre-release shit.
(Where can I find that shit...?)
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Dirk

Quote from: children with angels(Where can I find that shit...?)

Kazaa and Soulseek have it.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

children with angels

Thanks, although I think I am going to wait for it actually: there's something about having the case in your hand when listening to an album for the first time, having just run home from the record store that always just makes me appreciate the music that little bit more. The few times I have downloaded something I've been looking forward to, I've been disappointed, and I think it's got something to with this irrational need to have the whole package...

How is it though? Is it wonderful...?
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

chainsmoking insomniac

Shit man, I don't know. Shit.  It's like, shit man, if I knew where to find that shit, I'd tell you.  But shit dude, that shit is just unfindable.  Pretty shitty, right???
Shit, I feel like such a shithead right now.
Shit.  :P
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Dirk

Quote from: children with angelsHow is it though? Is it wonderful...?

It is excellent. It's their best work yet, in my opinion. You won't be disappointed.

Mesh

...and it's great.  Even better than Shiny Beast (which is one of Beefy's absolute best records). Thanks, godardian.

edit:  "Making Love to a Vampire with a Monkey on My Knee" -- Holy shit.  Oh, man, that's an amazing track.

European Son

Mesh

This I'm liking despite myself.  Dancy British music is not often my cup of tea; the first two tracks scared me sorta with that fey Pink Floyd feel.  But I do "get it" I think. Haines' lyrics are those of a practised and cynical wise-ass (which I can easily relate to) and I'm sure in years past, the very Britishness of BBR would've kept me at arm's length.  This year's different, though.  I've recently rediscovered Blur, Bowie, T. Rex, Joy Division, New Order and a host of other UK niceties that had previously been somewhat "foreign" to my ear.  I think as I listen on (and hear the record again, this time with a focus on the lyrical barbs aplenty), I'll become more and more intrigued.  Soon, I'll have to delve into The Auteurs, as well.......

Ah, music.  Ye frustrating and quickest of vast white whales.  May I never catch up to ye.

edit:  I dunno about that "Andrew Ridgley" track.  Interesting that she says "this is Sara Nixey talking," though....not sure I believe her.

Mesh

godardian

LOVE Cinerama. One of the best live shows of the past few years. Have never heard (of) what's pictured, though.  :(  Is it new??
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.