amelie

Started by aclockworkjj, November 15, 2003, 02:02:01 PM

aclockworkjj

This dvd deserves it's own thread, realize I am talkin' about the 2-disc region 1 edition.  

But it's filled with some great shit.  the cute outakes, the first look, and the q&a?:

when he asked a joe to move is car, shooting on location...he got a: "fuck yer cinema."

of course I could also be quite biased due to a particular girl.  those eyes...

NEON MERCURY

i have not seen it yet.......how good it is ?..the dvd/film itself....

ono

...you haven't seen Amelie?

Drop everything.  Go now.  It's one of the most perfect films ever.

See also: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=amelie+perfect&start=15

Pedro

I think it's pretty good.  I would never call it one of the most perfect films ever...that's setting yourself up for dissapointment.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: NEON MERCURY......how good it is ?..the dvd/film itself....
saturated genius, delightfully pinched with some charming love.

audrey is nice too.

i hate subtitles, this movie has made me want to learn french, just so I can stop reading and just looksee.

Weak2ndAct

When this was playing in theatres, I saw it alone on Valentine's Day :cry:

Finn

I really loved it. I had to travel to Birmingham to see it in theaters and I'm glad I did.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

kotte

Quote from: Weak2ndActWhen this was playing in theatres, I saw it alone on Valentine's Day :cry:

There aren't too many movies that really makes you long for love. This one's one of them.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: Weak2ndActWhen this was playing in theatres, I saw it alone on Valentine's Day :cry:

There aren't too many movies that really makes you long for love. This one's one of them.

Agreed. And Punch-Drunk Love also made me depressed when, after seeing it, I didn't have anyone special to share that love at the time.
Si

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: kotteThere aren't too many movies that really makes you long for love. This one's one of them.
And there aren't too many movies that make you yell out "KISS HIM, YOU DUMB BITCH!" (true story)

Gold Trumpet

Amelie is charming and all, but what else is it suppose to be? So, on that, I did enjoy it. The film is a half hour too long and considering the style is so manic and so persistent, that last half hour was even harder for me to watch than the normal film.

It seems people love the movie on personal levels, or they just like it. I just liked it. I first watched the film having been barraged by a friend who adored it beyond reason. She got me to expect something grand, but afterwards, I realized her identification with Amelie instead.

Weak2ndAct

GT--
Pretty much on the same boat with you there.  I too know a few people who are uber-obsessed w/ the movie.  And predictably, they're the most painfully romantic.

aclockworkjj

buncha love haters!!!!

this is probably the funest (is that a word?) movie i have seen in the last few years.  the scene alone when she is fuckin' with the dude watching the soccer game is great.  her laughin' during the ol' hibbity-hibbity, the cinema induced smile, shit, even the last half hour.  it's quirky, cute, intelligent, honest, and near perfection.  

audrey's screen tests are great too.

honestly...

aclockworkjj

ok...regardless of the love based tones.  Can you guys at least admit that in a way, you wish you could find someone that was genuwinly "good" and tried to do better onto others?  

I mean, I guess I love this movie cause it's my pathetic attempt to actually believe there is a girl out there as creative and passionate when it comes to the topic of the chase.  

Then, again...I am reminded daily that this may only be possible in a movie.

Fernando

Quote from: aclockworkjjok...regardless of the love based tones.  Can you guys at least admit that in a way, you wish you could find someone that was genuwinly "good" and tried to do better onto others?  

I mean, I guess I love this movie cause it's my pathetic attempt to actually believe there is a girl out there as creative and passionate when it comes to the topic of the chase.  

Then, again...I am reminded daily that this may only be possible in a movie.

My dream girl would be exactly like Amelie, smart, funny, creative, passionate, happy and beautiful. What else can you ask for?