Deep Discount DVD???? <<<kinda urgent>>>

Started by Ernie, August 12, 2003, 11:42:30 AM

Ernie

Ok, I got a birthday coming up fast and it has finally come time for me to order ALL the dvd's I want from a trusted site. Ok, I've been thinking about it for awhile...I've been wanting to check out this site: Deep Discount DVD, for the longest time and I think now would be the perfect time. I've heard only a few good things about it but then again, I haven't heard a single bad thing. Also, the good things are really fucking good...like I heard that it's cheaper than amazon and best buy and that they even send not-yet-released dvd's to you EARLY! That is so fucking awesome if they do. Anyway, I just wondered if there's any former customers that can vouche for it just so I can be sure it's for real...it sounds almost too good to be true. Just had a few questions....

1. Are the dvd's real or bootleg?

2. Are they really cheaper overall than best buy and amazon?

3. How much earlier do they send you the dvd's b4 their release date? Like the All the Real Girls dvd (release: aug 19th) for instance, when would they send that to me? What about the Fargo special edition?

That's it...thanks in advance. I want to order the stuff as FAST as possible so try to get back to me quick.

Pwaybloe

I've used them before.  They're cheap, but they ain't too fast.  Min 2-3 weeks for me.

1. Real

2. Most of the time.  Check here if you are in doubt.

3. Can't help you there.  Never done it.

MacGuffin

Quote from: PawbloeI've used them before.  They're cheap, but they ain't too fast.  Min 2-3 weeks for me.

1. Real

2. Most of the time.  Check here if you are in doubt.

3. Can't help you there.  Never done it.

Yeah, everthing that Pablo said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

yeah they're great.  they ship really fast too.  just make sure you check that site or www.alldvdprices.com to see if it really is the cheapest place for whatever you want to order.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

Oh no he's not.  He's gonna go here: right here!  

Isn't that right, Eabes?  [shakes fist]

Banky

ive found that your better off to just go buy from best buy or walmart.  I know walmart does not have the best selection but it is cheap as hell.  I also like to check the used DVD's at Blockbuster.

IHeartPTA

i like dvd planet, can get a lot of good criterion dvd's for regular prices.
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

modage

Quote from: Bankyive found that your better off to just go buy from best buy or walmart.  I know walmart does not have the best selection but it is cheap as hell.  I also like to check the used DVD's at Blockbuster.

walmart and best buy are good sometimes, but not always the best deal.  you've got to check www.alldvdprices.com for the cheapest place. the godamn freddy box set is like $109 at best buy but around $70 at deep discount.  now THATS SAVINGS!

no, i'm not an employee, but if i was...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

i registered on Deep Discount and that worked fine.  Then i check in and when i try to buy something it always says my shopping cart is empty.  I dont get it!  It will show items in my shopping cart and then i click go to secure check out and it says no items in shopping cart.

Any suggestions?
Any better web sites i can go to?

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Bankyi registered on Deep Discount and that worked fine.  Then i check in and when i try to buy something it always says my shopping cart is empty.  I dont get it!  It will show items in my shopping cart and then i click go to secure check out and it says no items in shopping cart.

Any suggestions?
Any better web sites i can go to?

Sounds internal.  I ordered a week ago and no problems for me.  They did have some site problems, because I was trying to edit my information and kept on crashing when I sent it.  

They've had problems with the site in the past, and they're site is really slow sometimes.

Still, on average, they have the besterestest prices.

MacGuffin

Their site was down for maintenance for a few hours last week, but other than that I haven't had any problems with them or the items in my shopping cart.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

it still dosent work.  It keeps telling me my cart is empty.  Its been doing this for like 2 weeks now.

ono

Try clearing out all your cookies and temporary files and the like and restart and see if it still doesn't work?