May

Started by Ghostboy, July 15, 2003, 11:07:13 AM

Cecil

good movie.

ghostboy, this seems like the kind of thing youd make. it reminded me alot of still and looking for love

Ghostboy

Thank you sir, that's quite a compliment.

Anyway, I just listened to the director/composer/production design/editor/craft services commentary track. It's the best group commentary I've heard since the Boogie Nights track, and it's fucking hilarious (and informative too).

RegularKarate

I'm gonna get killed for this, but I'm really glad I didn't BUY this movie and just rented it.

I was pretty damn disapointed after everything you guys said about it.

Just didn't really do anything for me at all.

SPOILERS****

I don't get how that was supposed to be a "good" performance.  I think she was just pulling off what a lot of fresh out of high-school actors can pull off...  nothing special... and what was up with the 6 feet Under guy?  He digs retarded girls?  I know he wanted to fuck her and everything and "likes weird", but she was a little too much like some freak with DS.  

It was definately going for a "Carrie" feel, but it just didn't play right... I think it was trying too hard.  don't know.

I'll give it this... if someone had dragged me to it before I read all this you guys were saying about it, I would have come out of it saying "I'm surprised, that movie was way better than the trailers made it look, I'm not pissed that I saw that."

modage

i just saw this one.  and i have to admit,  i like weird.  but not THAT weird.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.