Can't Find Sydney!

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 08, 2003, 11:09:29 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Video stores don't have it, and rental stores don't have it.  It's driving me nuts, because I feel I need to see this movie.

Can someone give me incentive to continue the search and see it?  Tell me a little about it, but don't give any huge spoilers, please....
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

You're looking for the wrong title. It's called "Hard Eight".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

you must see it.

buy it off amazon if youre allready a pta fan, you wont regret it

Pubrick

Quote from: Pthat's what u get for forcing urself to call it Sydney.
under the paving stones.

chainsmoking insomniac

Why am I not surprised by that comment..... :roll:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pubrick

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonWhy am I not surprised by that comment..... :roll:
why am i not surprised by another one of ur meaningless comments.

ur the last person who should be rolling their ignorant eyes at anyone.
under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobCan someone give me incentive to continue the search and see it?  Tell me a little about it, but don't give any huge spoilers, please....

Well, it's pretty nice.  It's got a famous opera house on the coast.  The Olympics were held there not too long ago.  

SPOILERS: The Billabong Pro Surfing tour is going to be held in October.

filmcritic

I found my copy at Borders on DVD. If you can't find it in stores (which it is hard to find), then buy it on the internet. 8)
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Pawbloe
SPOILERS: The Billabong Pro Surfing tour is going to be held in October.

Thanks for the heads up

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Hard Eight...sounds good, I'll check that out.  I only say Sydney because people keep referring to it as Sydeny.  Is there a reason why everyone calls it Sydney instead of Hard Eight?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

ooo dont start that up again

look at borders, thats where i got mine

ono

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobIs there a reason why everyone calls it Sydney instead of Hard Eight?
Sydney was its original title.  Rysher execs said it needed a catchier title.  Hard Eight was used.  PTA was pissed for the moment, but got over it.  If it were me, though, I'd only "get over it" if the new title was better.  The film itself is about a man named Sydney, not about craps.  Listen to the commentary track on the DVD, and draw your own conclusions.

Ravi

Does Rysher even exist anymore?  That's what they get for rolling the Hard Eight at PTA.

This movie can't be too hard to find.  I got it a few years ago at Barnes and Noble (with a $25 gift cert, so I didn't pay their overinflated prices).  Go to Best Buy.

Alethia

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobIs there a reason why everyone calls it Sydney instead of Hard Eight?
Sydney was its original title.  Rysher execs said it needed a catchier title.  Hard Eight was used.  PTA was pissed for the moment, but got over it.  If it were me, though, I'd only "get over it" if the new title was better.  The film itself is about a man named Sydney, not about craps.  Listen to the commentary track on the DVD, and draw your own conclusions.

i call it sydney because i think it fits the film.  i mean, look at the final fucking scene of this film - it is all SYDNEY.

Cecil

yeah, but do you call EVERY film by their original title? i call shivers SHIVERS and not "orgy of the parasites" even though the title describes the film better.