Manga?

Started by underdog, February 27, 2003, 10:20:37 AM

underdog

(manga=japanese cartoon) do you think there should be a manga movie(on any manga ) and do you think they should have japanese voice  for the manga movie  and have english sub or engish voice....
peace
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

Newtron

Manga's the comics, Anime is the animated films. They've been around a while.

Here's a few I recommend:
The original Macross
Macross Plus
Macross 7
MS Gundam - The 08th MS Team
Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
V Gundam
Trigun
3x3 Eyes
X (TV series, not the movie)
Death of Evangelion
Battle Angel
Angelic Layer
Ranma 1/2
Cutey Honey & La Blue Girl
End of Summer
F3 - Frantic, Frustrated, & Female
Perfect Blue
Cowboy Bebop movie - Knocking on Heaven's Door
Serial Experiments Lain.

I like 'em. Is that what you were asking? Dubbing doesn't hurt, usually. The stories are great regardless. [/anime dork]

Raikus

Don't forget, Cowboy Bebop the Movie will be coming out this April. I'm still shocked it got an 'R' rating.

I do think that if an anime movie is released state-side that it should be released with an English dub. The Japanese is always going to be available on DVD for the hardcore afficionados. The trick is making it a great sub, i.e see Cowboy Bebop the movie.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Newtron[/anime dork]

*cringe*

although I think I've just been overexposed to "those people"...

Cecil

i kinda like the bad dubbings for what they are, but on a dvd i like to have the choice between the dubbed version and original japanese with optional subtitles.

underdog

i know about those manga movies. but im talking about manga movie that come out on theatres first and than video because i had never seen a manga movie that came out on theatres ...(expert in japan)

peace

Raikus

Spirited Away was a theatrically released anime movie. In April, Cowboy Bebop will be theatrically released in the U.S. Other recent releases include Princess Mononoke and Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

So if I'm missing your point, please explain further.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Ghost in the Shell was in theaters

Cecil

so was akira, and metropolis

underdog

thanks everyone....
i heard a rumor about a non-cartoon dragonball movie.
is this true? (i hope to god not)

Raikus

Well, it's true that there is a rumor. So, if you take stock in those things it's the unfortunate truth.