Bowling for Columbine DVD

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 12, 2003, 10:12:08 AM

Find Your Magali

Quote from: CinephileI think Roger & Me is a better DVD IMO. Better commentary.. just a better all around DVD package.. I think it's because BfC's commentary turned me off a lot and I had higher expectations out of it.

Yeah, I don't know if I'll even bother with the Bowling for Columbine commentary, as I've heard so few good things about it.

Looking forward to "Roger & Me" and "Hearts and Minds" as I continue my recent spurt of documentaries this week.

Dirk

Quote from: Find Your MagaliYeah, I don't know if I'll even bother with the Bowling for Columbine commentary, as I've heard so few good things about it.

Yeah, it ain't too great. The interns/PAs don't offer too much insight on the film. Let me know how "Hearts and Minds" is because I'm really interested in it but I can't find it anywhere.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Dirk, you can find hearts and minds (& any other criterions) at dvdplanet.com for cheap, it's either 20 or 26. Peace.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

NEON MERCURY

..Well finally got around to seeing this and i must admit ..FOR A DOC. IT IS BRILLIANT..i am personally not a fan of Michael More..but i give props to his doc.  is really phuking mind opening....Some questions though..PLease answer>>

1.0  is any of this made up for dramamtic reasons(..i know it is catagorized as a documentary ..but still..is it all true..?

2.0  is Canada the paradise it is represented in the doc..?

3.0  is he saying that "end the end" ..that Americans are gun crazy/nuts/violent  people b/c of ..tV..?

4.0  has he lost weight?

..lastly for his acceptance speech at the acad. awards(which is/was well deserved..) he should have used the time to talk about his doc.. and not that gibberrish he instead said about Bush and our great nation... :roll:

Dirk

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

2.0  is Canada the paradise it is represented in the doc..?

Yes. Yes it is.

Quote3.0  is he saying that "end the end" ..that Americans are gun crazy/nuts/violent  people b/c of ..tV..?

I think he's saying it's mainly because of fear, which can be caused by what's on TV, among other things.

Quote4.0  has he lost weight?

Yeah, fifty pounds  8)
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

NEON MERCURY

::musings onthe credits that state that BFC was written and directed by Michael Morre::

well if thats the case..he is a brilliant writer and special mention has to go out to all of the ACTORS in this movie. they were convincing..like  they were real people.....(i especially like heston's portrayal of the leader of the NRA)....... :wink:

Ravi

http://brain-terminal.com/video/michael-moore/index.html

I'll have to watch the video at my university on a fast connection instead of my crappy dial-up connection at home.