time between Mag DVD and PDL announcement?

Started by tpfkabi, February 29, 2004, 10:36:33 PM

Alethia

fuck the frogs, what was the deal with that damned organ??

ono

It's a harmonium.  Get it right, man.

LostEraser

Dude, whenever anyone brings up the idea of PTA's next project anywhere on here all hell seems to break loose. I admit people creating a new thread asking the same question over and over again is pretty annoying and those threads should maybe be locked IF it gets out of hand. But if the subject of his next film is casually brought up in another thread it's not like it's the end of the world or anything. I'd like it if the subject is brought ever few weeks or so even if there's nothing new to discuss just so it will get people talking again. I'm alwasy like that with my favorite directors.

Oh, and just for the record, I kind of have a feeling that PTA will end up going into Kubrick territory time wise. I don't know why, just a hunch. Tarantino will probably end up doing the same thing.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

Find Your Magali

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Jon Brion/ PDL music in a Dunkin Donuts commercial.
What does THAT symbolize??

Dirk

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionJon Brion/ PDL music in a Dunkin Donuts commercial.

Life after death, I reckon.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Alethia

Quote from: DonamatopoeiaIt's a harmonium.  Get it right, man.

:oops:

MacGuffin

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionJon Brion/ PDL music in a Dunkin Donuts commercial.

Secret pudding cream filling?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Does Dunkin Donuts make special ones "for the Christmas"?

Tictacbk

Alethia

Link

Okay, on a semirelated topic:  is anyone else bothered by the line "Business is very food?"  Because I am!  I can understand "This is Back."  But "food" and "good" aren't even pronounced the same!  What the heck?  It was a cheap line!  PTA couldn't think of anything better?!  Goodness.

Anywho, it makes me love the line even more.

Pubrick

Quote from: LinkAnywho, it makes me love the line even more.
it seems to be the only thing that movie is remembered for.
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

i always wondered that too.
maybe he was only thinking of it visually......and from the look of his films, i believe he is a visual person........as am I
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

maybe Barry was thinking 'these words are spelled the same...but are pronounced different....spelled the same....pronounced different....spelled....different' and it just became something he kept on thinking about and then he said it wrong because he was thinking of the word's look instead of what he was actually saying

fuckit i'm tired of waxing over a fictional character for the day