DOWN WITH LOVE

Started by godardian, May 14, 2003, 02:41:17 PM

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: godardianI'm surprised so many people like it so much.

Wait until GT sees it. That'll change.

Maybe he's pomo enough to know that a true movie fan enjoys an achievement whether it's Tarkovsky or Bergman or a meticulously artificial recreation of meticulous artifice. And doesn't he like Spielberg? Maybe it has a chance if he gives it a try. His ears are probably burning right now...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

On October 7th is the spring box office misfire Down with Love, starring Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor. Complete with pink keepcase, the flick will be made available in separate 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions with English 5.1 and French and Spanish 2.0 Dolby surround tracks, plus extras including an audio commentary with director Peyton Reed, 5 deleted scenes, seven featurettes, the HBO First Look special, a blooper reel, screen tests, "Here's to Love" music video, the "Guess My Game" game and trailers. Retail is also $27.95.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.