Capturing w/ Pinnacle DV500 DVD

Started by SoNowThen, October 29, 2003, 12:54:36 PM

SoNowThen

Anyway, so I'm back with more capture problems.

Whether I use DV Tools or Premier Pro to capture my DV footage, I still get the same problem: on-board camera sound is consistently two frames ahead of the picture. WTF???!!!!!! Has anybody ever heard of this, or know any possible reasons why this would be happening?

It's not that I can't just go in and re-sync (which I have to do anyway, because of the additional DAT recordings we have), but it's pretty fucking stupid that I can't even trust my on-board sound to come out in sync...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ReelHotGames

the typical questions for this problem are these: do you have any background programs running during capture? DSL, cookie wall, anti virus? If so shut them all down.

Next, what speed is your hard drive 7200 rpm?

Next, how much memory? Video RAM? Do you have a video card?

Sound card?

Lastly - have you done a clean install? Removed premiere and dv500 software and reinstalled?
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

SoNowThen

Michael, check out what I found out:

I went to the Adobe message board help site, and I found out that everybody who has a Canon XL1S and uses Pinnacle to edit gets this 2 frame slip, because apparently the Canon records audio on an alternating frequency, but Pinnacle takes it in at a set 48Hz or whatever you set. They say there was this program, syncheser or something, that was supposed to correct that. So I downloaded the trial program, put it on the editing computer, and captured a clip. Sure enough, still 2 frames ahead. Crazy.

I don't really care at this point, all I have to do is take out two frames of video at the start of each clip. Kinda like using a crappy old non-crystal sync 16mm camera, hey?

I guess when I have the money I'll upgrade to a Matrox capture card...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.