XIXAX: The Future Film by the xixax community.

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, September 18, 2003, 04:50:05 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ©dawghow long should it be? (as short as this example? i think we should aim for sumthing a little longer)

That little piece of dialogue could be stretched out for 10 minutes. It depends how abstract it is. First we need a word count for the script. Then the time limit for the actually shorts will depend (Dr. Xixax should decide that, based on what fits w/ resources and everything).

Quote from: ©dawgany limitations in the number of characters?
how exactly is this thing related to XIXAX content-wise, or is it at all? i was a little confused on that part. we can write just a random script, yes? it doesn't have to be based on members here or anything like that.

I don't think we should limit it in any of those ways. It should be completely open, and the only limits should be the script and the time limit (which I'm sure will be reasonable).

MacGuffin

To elaborate, the scene I listed was a truncated version. You can read the entire 'scene' and the rules here (in PDF format).

You can also watch the directors' videos here (under Top 10 Scene Assignment) to get an idea.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks