Peter Jackson's KING KONG

Started by Spike, December 14, 2003, 01:15:38 PM

RegularKarate

yes, that's quite obvious from the information you've quoted there.

This will clearly be some corny fake crap.... whatever that means.

lamas

Quotemore of the love story between Ann and the big primate
CORNY

Quotespectacular chase sequences involving rampaging dinosaurs
FAKE CRAP

obviously

Stefen

HAHAHA dinos?! What the fuck? I'm sayin bro.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

what the fuck are you sayin bro?

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

oh shit, you're right... love is corny and dinosaurs are fake.  Damn, I guess this isn't going to be the realistic, non-romantic masterpiece that the original was.

lamas

it's a stupid movie to remake because it was a stupid movie to begin with and no amount of CGI dinosaurs or gorilla fur will make it any better.  it was what it was and it should be left in the '30s where it belongs.  of course i'm sure plenty of fan-boys like you will line up down the block to hop on jackson's nutsack no matter what he does.  we can revive this in a year and see whether or not it lived up to your expectations.

Stefen

I mean, seriously. What would happen if every director got to remake their favorite movie? Could you imagine PTA's Meet The Parents? Or Vincent Gallos DC 9/11: Time Of Crisis? Or Brett Ratners Rush Hour 2?

RegularKarate

haha... seriously though... I'm not a fanboy... I don't even care that much about this movie... I just think your basis for getting upset about it is a little ridiculous.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

pete

Quote from: lamasit's a stupid movie to remake because it was a stupid movie to begin with and no amount of CGI dinosaurs or gorilla fur will make it any better.  it was what it was and it should be left in the '30s where it belongs.  of course i'm sure plenty of fan-boys like you will line up down the block to hop on jackson's nutsack no matter what he does.  we can revive this in a year and see whether or not it lived up to your expectations.

you should print out this quote and bring it to your family doctor the next time you do your physical, I bet that'll get you a waiver on your knee-jerk reaction exam.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

UncleJoey

Quote from: pete
Quote from: lamasit's a stupid movie to remake because it was a stupid movie to begin with and no amount of CGI dinosaurs or gorilla fur will make it any better.  it was what it was and it should be left in the '30s where it belongs.  of course i'm sure plenty of fan-boys like you will line up down the block to hop on jackson's nutsack no matter what he does.  we can revive this in a year and see whether or not it lived up to your expectations.

you should print out this quote and bring it to your family doctor the next time you do your physical, I bet that'll get you a waiver on your knee-jerk reaction exam.

Nice
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

MacGuffin

'King Kong' sequels a joke

Peter Jackson said Friday that he will be making two back-to-back sequels to "King Kong" for Universal Pictures. But it was all part of an elaborate April Fool's Day joke. Jackson made the announcement for "Son of Kong" and "King Kong: Into the Wolf's Lair" as part of the movie's video diary series on the Web site www.kongisking.net. Jackson wasn't the only one who appeared onscreen in the April 1 entry, which marked shooting day 123 on "King Kong." Movie castmembers Naomi Watts, Jack Black and Colin Hanks as well as Weta staff, art directors and even a Universal exec were involved. The video entry featured shots of a "Son of Kong" script, monster designs, models and computer previsualized sequences.

Direct link to Joke
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Haha, that production video diary is hilarious.  It's so OBVIOUSLY an April Fools joke, and it's supposed to be obvious, I'm sure, because they go into such absurd detail.  My favorite is Pete drawing an image of Jack Black and Adrien Brody's characters riding on Kong, with machine guns mounted on each of Kong's arms.

Jack Black remained perfectly deadpan as he talked about how Kong and Son of Kong would go into Europe and defeat Hitler.

I thought it was funny.  Looks like they run a fun set over there.

cine

i would've liked Kong sitting down for an interview and discussing the story development of the future films and then during the interview he just yells "IS SOMEBODY GOING TO GET ME A FUCKING BANANA OR DO I HAVE TO GET ONE MYSELF?!"