elephant

Started by gjg 4 REEL, September 23, 2003, 01:45:14 PM

aclockworkjj

I am actually really gonna make an effort to go see this...I am sorta a sucker for good movies about high school...I dunno why, maybe it's cause I have a gang of high school stories myself....but the idea of this movie (I am a ssuming it's about a shootin' type thing) hits kinda close, cause though it never happened, a went to a school where I could see it happenin'.  The perfect school in a town withdrawn from reality.  Sorta a touchy subject but I like the idea of Gus takin' aim at it....

release date?

Finn

I think it opens October 24th in limited release if I'm not mistaken.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sal

I'll be seeing it at the denver international film fest (where my own short's playing, yay), and what's interesting is that Columbine is still very much the elephant around here, since me and many friends were too close to the events.  I knew people who attended Columbine, I was at a high school not fifteen minutes away from it when it occurred, and there were many people affected by this event, the national repercussions withstanding, and like 9/11, it's one of those things that I think is too early to objectify, or to showcase.  But I believe this is just for people who were affected.  Certainly a film about 9/11 today wouldn't be in the public's best interest.  I find it interesting Sant chose to do it now.

mutinyco

I saw it today. It's tremendously beautiful.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

rustinglass

Quote from: GhostboyThat's not the one I saw.

shit. Anyway I found a slightly different one and bigger!

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

edison

the poster i saw was a white background with an elephant outline with that picture of liv tyler kissing mac culkin in the center.

Ghostboy

That's the one I saw, too.

And what is your new avatar from? The same place as Banky's, I imagine? Hot damn. I like it more than the UPS one.

Gold Trumpet

I like the avatar as well. I just wanna know where they are getting these new britney pics from.

~rougerum

edison

Quote from: GhostboyThat's the one I saw, too.

And what is your new avatar from? The same place as Banky's, I imagine? Hot damn. I like it more than the UPS one.

yeah, the same place, which should hit mag. racks shortly, if not already.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I need to see this...I need to pirate it so I can hold myself off til I buy it or something...I must see it!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Finn

Can someone post the poster that Ghostboy saw?
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ono

That poster is simply beautiful.  Man, I can't wait to see this movie.

smash

I'm extremely interested in this film...but its hard to be living in central Illinois and want to see a film that isn't "Bad Boys II".  Both American Splendor and Lost in Translation didn't come within 60 miles of me.

edison

until the poster is found somewhere on the net, use your imagination:

1.Go to the website: http://www.elephantmovie.com/
2. Imagine the elephant in red centered on a white background
3. Imagine the kissing pic boxed and centered inside the elephant
4. Enjoy the poster

snaporaz

fucking hell this movie looks beautiful.

next time i go up state, i'm catching this one, american splendor, bubba ho-tep, and lost in translation. those are the movies i've been getting a boner over this year.