Which DV Cam to buy???

Started by You Never Got Me Down Ray, January 31, 2004, 01:05:42 PM

You Never Got Me Down Ray

I'm currently thinking about getting one of those hi-tech digital moving picture camcorders that i've heard so much about. Does anybody have any recommendations on which one to buy? Panasonic, Sony, Canon??? Anywhere from $2000-$4000 is possible. Thank you.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

subversiveproductions

Personally, I recommend the Canon XL-1 because that's what I use, and I love it.  I've heard great things about the Panasonic DVX-100, and the Canon XL-2 will hopefully be coming out soon.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject than me will reply as well, although I think this thread has been covered before.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

Recce

Well, I don't have extensive knowledge on cameras, but I've worked with a few different kinds and I've found that, for price and quality, the Sony PD-150 isn't half bad. I've shot projects with an XL-1s and I couldn't really tell the difference. To be fair, maybe I jsut didn't know how to use all the extra features of the XL-1s, but the PD-150 is still pretty solid.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")