Is Francis Ford Coppola dead?

Started by Duck Sauce, February 06, 2003, 12:43:58 AM

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 09, 2007, 08:51:10 PM
Hey folks, Harry here...So in preparation for the interview, I bought a fancy mini-tape hand held voice recorder and... after testing it... it turns out, I had it on a setting called VOX, which throughout the interview, it just would shut off, then turn back on. Sometimes missing great deals of our conversation.

How could he fuck that up? If he didn't own that site somebody would have fired his fat ass by now.

Pozer

dont do it, fernando.  youre sounding like one of the talk backers.

context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Rainmaker CE Due
A double dip due for Ford Coppola's classic in July.

On July 24, 2007, Paramount Home Entertainment will release The Rainmaker (Special Collector's Edition) on DVD. The double dip of the Matt Damon flick will feature bonus materials and extra features, and will be available for the MSRP of $14.99.

The Rainmaker (Special Collector's Edition) DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

Commentary by Director Francis Ford Coppola and Actor Danny DeVito
Watch The Rainmaker with Francis Ford Coppola
Francis Ford Coppola Directs John Grisham's The Rainmaker
Deleted Scenes
The Rainmaker Screen Tests with Virginia Madsen, Matt Damon, Mary Kay Place, and Claire Danes

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

What's the difference between the commentary and Watch The Rainmaker with Francis Ford Coppola?

JG

for one of them he is actually in your living room. 

MacGuffin

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on June 27, 2007, 03:09:12 PM
What's the difference between the commentary and Watch The Rainmaker with Francis Ford Coppola?

Watch w/ Coppola is just a fancy way of saying "Coppola Introduction;" 'cause that's all it is; much like his intro on the Apocalypse Now DVD.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Studio Bosses Pulled 'Godfather IV' Plans Over Budget

Movie executives at Paramount scrapped an idea to wrap up The Godfather movies with a fourth film - because they refused to pay an ailing Mario Puzo. Director Francis Ford Coppola offered to help the dying author pen the screenplay for a final film for free, but penny-pinching studio bosses still refused to greenlight the idea. Ford Coppola, who initially balked at the idea of directing sequels to his 1972 masterpiece, admits he was so desperate to help Puzo before he died in 1999 that he offered to co-write the screenplay for no charge. He recalls, "He and I cooked up an idea for what there would be for The Godfather IV and we went to Paramount... and we said, 'Look, Mario is not well. Hire him to write this Godfather IV script, I will help him, do it for nothing...' Mario was very concerned to leave his kids some money and they just never made the deal... Mario died and it was heartbreaking."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

shame on you, heartless paramount for not hiring a dying man!

Gold Trumpet

matt35mm

Police: Coppola's Office Hit by Thieves
Thursday September 27 12:18 PM ET

Armed bandits raided Francis Ford Coppola's Argentine headquarters and stole a computer with the screenplay for the upcoming feature film "Tetro," according to local news media.

The director of "The Godfather" apparently was not in Buenos Aires at the time of the robbery Wednesday night.

A federal police spokesman, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to give his name, confirmed that a robbery had occurred and a judge was investigating, but he said he could not give details.

The independent news agency Noticias Argentinas reported at least five people entered the offices of Zoetrope Argentina, tied up employees and took computers, cameras and other valuables.

Noticias Argentinas said one of the stolen computers contained the 68-year-old director's script for "Tetro," a story about Italian immigrant artists set to begin shooting next year and starring Matt Dillon.

Calls by The Associated Press to Coppola's New York-based representative were not returned.

Grisel Raynoldi, a 21-year-old university student who lives across the street from Coppola's headquarters, said she heard no unusual noises Wednesday night.

"People get held up in the street a lot at night but normally they (criminals) don't go into the houses. So I was surprised," she said, adding she had seen Coppola on several occasions coming and going from the building in a chauffeured car.

The house is set in the Palermo neighborhood of chic boutiques and trendy restaurants interspersed among homes and abandoned warehouses.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

lol

he is only a few blocks from my office... and i'm here right now... everyone is talking about it!

he is offering a big reward here... cause apparently there is no backup for some of the stuff they stole. kinda stupid that there is no backup...

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: kal on September 27, 2007, 06:12:58 PM
lol

he is only a few blocks from my office... and i'm here right now... everyone is talking about it!

he is offering a big reward here... cause apparently there is no backup for some of the stuff they stole. kinda stupid that there is no backup...

Yeah, how fun would it be for it to go like:

(COPPOLA picks up the phone)
Coppola: You know, Matt... that script we talked about... Tetro... you remember.
Dillon: Yeah. You still want me to do it, right.
Coppola: Yeah, about that... remember that you insisted with me that you didn't want a copy because you would do anything for me, and didn't need to read it?
Dillon: Yeah! You're Francis-Ford-Fucking-Coppola!
Coppola: Yeah... well, the reason I'm calling, Matt is... how's the lady?
Dillon: Fine.
Coppola: Yeah... what about the kids?
Dillon: Francis, what's going on?
Coppola: Well... I kinda sorta lost... the script...
Dillon: What?
Coppola: Yeah... it was robbed. By argentinian people.
Dillon: You want me to believe some argentinians robbed it?...
Coppola: Well... yeah!
Dillon: And you didn't have a copy?
Coppola: Well, no...
Dillon: Yeah, you shoot on Sony HDC-F950, but don't know how to make backups with your computer?
Coppola: Well...
Dillon: Just say it! If Al Pacino wants my friggin' role just say it. Don't bring Argentina into this.
Coppola: Hey, calm down. Go easy on me.
Dillon: You know what? I'm a busy man, I got nominated by the Academy and got to feel Thandie Newton's ass, and now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go. Maybe I'm still on time to accept the The Flamingo Kid Part Deux role. Good-bye.
Coppola: Bye-bye, Dillon.
Dillon: Yeah, and your wine sucks, man!
Si

Pubrick

too much "yeah".

otherwise, nice touch with the Sony HDC-F950.
under the paving stones.