Joel Schumacher Pretty Much Sucks Ass

Started by Mesh, June 29, 2003, 01:39:30 PM

MacGuffin

Cast set for Schumacher's 'Twelve'
50 Cent, Sutherland, Culkin onboard
Source: Variety

Gaumont, Radar Pictures and Original Media have set a Joel Schumacher-directed adaptation of the Nick McDonell novel "Twelve."

Pic will star Chace Crawford, Emma Roberts, Rory Culkin, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, Ellen Barkin and Kiefer Sutherland.

Production begins April 20 in New York. Jordan Melamed wrote the script.

In 2002, then 17-year-old McDonell wrote a novel that starkly depicted teenage drug use and decadence on the Upper East Side.

Story follows a high school dropout-turned-drug dealer. His lucrative life sours when the dealer's cousin is brutally murdered on an East Harlem playground and his best friend is arrested for the crime.

Gaumont chairman Sidonie Dumas and CEO Christophe Riandee will produce with Radar CEO Ted Field and Original Media CEO Charlie Corwin. Melamed also will be a producer with Bob Salerno; and Mike Weber will be exec producer.

Radar's Field optioned the novel in 2002, and the project came together with Corwin ("The Squid and the Whale") and Gaumont, which will broker worldwide distribution deals for a film that will be ready for release by winter 2010.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Cage, Kidman take 'Trespass'
Duo sign on for Schumacher action-adventure pic
Source: Variety

Nicole Kidman and Nicolas Cage have decided to "Trespass," signing on to play a married couple in Nu Image/Millennium Films' action-adventure. Joel Schumacher directs.

Nu Image/Millennium is aiming for an August production start in Louisiana. Irwin Winkler, Avi Lerner and Danny Dimbort will produce.

Story, written by Karl Gajdusek and Eli Richbourg, centers on a husband and wife taken hostage by four brutal perpetrators seeking easy cash. Complications ensue amid the unexpected discovery of betrayal and deception.

"Trespass" marks the fourth collaboration between Cage and Nu Image/Millennium Films following the recently wrapped 3D adventure "Drive Angry," "The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" and "The Wicker Man."

Exec producers on "Trespass" are Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson and Rene Besson.

Cage will be seen next month in Disney's "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." Kidman is in Sony's romantic comedy "Just Go With It," due out in February.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 16, 2010, 07:15:12 PM
"Trespass" marks the fourth collaboration between Cage and Nu Image/Millennium Films following the recently wrapped 3D adventure "Drive Angry," "The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" and "The Wicker Man."

I think we were all waiting with bated breath for the next Cage/Nu Image/Millennium Films collaboration.

Pas

Haha well I like Millenium, you never really know what you're getting into with them. The less budget the better, even.

I don't know, Shumacher and Cage, sounds pretty good. 8MM had some great Cage moments (when he bites his fist comes to mind). I wish there was a really crazy Verhoeven/Cage someday.

SiliasRuby

Flatliners

This is an odd film. Interesting and all star cast. One of Joel's few decent films that really is intriguing beyond its premise. Yes, there are some dated images but everyone is on the top of their game and the script is first class. It really does explore an idea of what might happen when you die. Worth checking out if its on HBO.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

I saw that when I was younger and there were a lot of images/scenes that stuck with me. The Kevin Bacon/kid bits are pretty scary and dark. I probably only saw it via pan & scan VHS or cable though.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.